Post something totally random

Ace of Amethysts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, SkyTuneRein said:

If you think about it, it's actually quite obvious since they all lack pupils, which were originally added by the painter later. So unpainted Greek and Roman statues always have this dead look to them.

Contrary to e.g. Michelangelo's David, which was conceived as an unpainted sculpture and has pupils:

undefined

But the coloring of the Augustus sculpture above is FAIL. I do not believe they looked that campy. I imagine them more like painted statues from the Middle Ages.

Btw, Greek temples were also painted.

21 hours ago, WizardGrayFire said:

there’s two of them i guess

Can someone of the elders explain!?

Also, did FF IV really have a protagonist that wasn't a pretty boy or girl?

Edited by DeltaAro
added David image
  • Like 3

On 4/13/2023 at 4:26 PM, DeltaAro said:

https://preview.redd.it/whos-your-favourite-ff-game-protagonist-v0-dwjpr7waleg91.jpg?width=1024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=17ad2a848638e68e68c401af2e024ac107066a46

What went wrong with Final Fantasy IV?

The main character of IV is Cecil Harvey.  At the beginning of the game he is already established as a Dark Knight (the right image).  During the game he comes to realize that his life has gone the wrong way; he should be helping people, not killing them.  Eventually he gets the opportunity to find his true self & transforms into a Paladin with healing power (the left image).

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, DeltaAro said:

If you think about it, it's actually quite obvious since they all lack pupils, which were originally added by the painter later. So unpainted Greek and Roman statues always have this dead look to them.

Contrary to e.g. Michelangelo's David, which was conceived as an unpainted sculpture and has pupils:

undefined

But the coloring of the Augustus sculpture above is FAIL. I do not believe they looked that campy. I imagine them more like painted statues from the Middle Ages.

Btw, Greek temples were also painted.

Can someone of the elders explain!?

Also, did FF IV really have a protagonist that wasn't a pretty boy or girl?

There're some images floating around of some statues with their original paintings, albeit quite faded and worn in some areas. I wouldn't bet that they didn't like garish colouring, but the original intact ones indeed looked more mellow. Such statues were also more prone to losing arms and heads than paints and gold leaf. 😸

• Like 3