demigender

Natkat

I think I feel i'm demiboy

for along time I identified as a ftm or transguy. I still do for most part. but I had noticed that even thought I feel unconfortable with "girl" and confortable with "guy" its like the man-role doesnt cover everything. Like while I prefer to be read as a guy, I may feel abit out of place if there is only men around, me like in a way I belong but at the same time I dont feel complitely the same like my desire to jump out of the gender binary still has a part in me.

I also feel mostly confortable with non-binary people around or a mix of binary and non-binary, But I cant relate to those non-binaries who feel like no gender at all, I do for most part feel like a guy, but there is one part of me who feel like my gender is somehow different from male and female.

when I told some other transperson at a transmeeting they said that just made me a transperson who didnt follow the gendernorms of the sociaty.

IDK

Anyway.. I just want to hear if there is any demi people out here on this forum?

For a while now the concept of demigender has really resonated with me, but not to the point that I've felt it necessary to start using it to describe myself, if that makes sense? I still feel mostly like a girl, and I'm fine being considered a girl and being around other girls, it's just at times I feel like I don't quite fit the binary definition of "girl..." But outside of my own head, in a "there are other people who feel similarly to you" kind of way, the label demigirl doesn't really have any use to me, I feel like it would just complicate matters?

Sorry if that doesn't make any sense.

it makes sense. I dont use demi verbally now cause It still feel new to me and one of my earlier friends had shamed demi-people so I did not feel confortable using it. 

I pass as a guy and normally im fine being read so and dont feel like explaining to friends or my famely who finally accepted my coming out that I do feel mostly but not only as a guy. If I should go future into details about my gender identity and im a place where I feel confortable disussing it then I think I could use it, but sadly there arnt many of those spaces.

On 23/10/2016 at 6:32 PM, Kaiger Pufflehugs IV said:

While I identify as demiguy, I tend not to refer to myself as it, preferring a generic NB when I'm with being who know, or "man" when I'm not (though I don't call myself male).

im complitely the same and tend to go with ftm-nonbinary. (even thought I feel abit odd cause non-binary is well non-binary and calling myself a transguy or ftm is kinda binary.. but well whatever) 

I use guy, and somethimes man, but hardly male thought I dont want to call my body female either. it just feels wrong my body is more a androgynous mix.

I could be considered a demigirl, since I'm fluid between neutrois and female. Also, not every nonbinary person is completely gender neutral and that doesn't make us any less nonbinary.

• 1 month later...

I met a demiboy at Pride. I'd never heard of it, so I researched it later on.

I also wonder if a friend of mine might be a demigender as well. They initially came out as a transguy, and then later said that they're nonbinary, but prefer male pronouns to female pronouns. My impression is that they feel more male than neutral, but not 100% male. But I haven't discussed demigender with them, so I don't know for sure.

I don't think it has anything to do with gender roles. I'm not particularly feminine, but I'm still completely cisgender.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi, everyone!

I'm collecting video interviews from non-straight women and transgender and non-binary people on their relationships with their femininity.

If anyone is alright with me interviewing them, please let me know! If you know anyone who might be alright with being interviewed, put them in contact with me!

I'm going to be asking everyone questions like "how does wearing a dress make you feel?" and "do you like being described as feminine?" and I plan on asking questions specific to people's orientations and gender identities as well, such as "how do you respond when people say 'you don't look like a lesbian'?" or "as a trans-girl, do you feel obligated to wear make up to indicate to other people that you are a girl?" or "do people expect you to be available to men as a woman, even after you tell them you are aromantic?"

I'm going to edit all the interviews I get into one cohesive film and then show it in a theater at my school for a suggested donation of about a dollar. I'm going to donate all proceeds to the Urgent Action Fund for Women's Rights, an organization that grants money to activists for women's rights and LGBT+ rights, especially their intersection.

I need to have this finished by March of 2019.

Thanks for your time!

• 6 months later...
On 11/25/2017 at 8:02 PM, shotinthehand said:

Hi, everyone!

I'm collecting video interviews from non-straight women and transgender and non-binary people on their relationships with their femininity.

If anyone is alright with me interviewing them, please let me know! If you know anyone who might be alright with being interviewed, put them in contact with me!

I'm going to be asking everyone questions like "how does wearing a dress make you feel?" and "do you like being described as feminine?" and I plan on asking questions specific to people's orientations and gender identities as well, such as "how do you respond when people say 'you don't look like a lesbian'?" or "as a trans-girl, do you feel obligated to wear make up to indicate to other people that you are a girl?" or "do people expect you to be available to men as a woman, even after you tell them you are aromantic?"

I'm going to edit all the interviews I get into one cohesive film and then show it in a theater at my school for a suggested donation of about a dollar. I'm going to donate all proceeds to the Urgent Action Fund for Women's Rights, an organization that grants money to activists for women's rights and LGBT+ rights, especially their intersection.

I need to have this finished by March of 2019.

Thanks for your time!

if you are still looking for people i would be happy to take part

• 2 weeks later...

For me, being demigender is being like the "low calorie sweetener" version of a gender? It's like ... not quite that gender, only "half" of it maybe, tastes kinda like it but definitely isn't that gender entirely or on its own.

Archived