My friend asked me multiple times to marry her, so I could have two wives. NOT JOKING

Ted guy

My co-worker was never keen on the guy she was set to get married, and she has always liked me over the years.

She tried to kiss me on the lips at work, where I just pulled away.

Then she kept complaining about the guy she is with, and would be "can't you just marry me and have 2 wives?"

She wasn't joking.

I would just politely laugh her off.

But instead it made her mad and she threw garbage at my head, and now has blocked off contact from me.

-------------

I keep telling you guys, this stuff is so foreign to my aromantic mind.

Why the heck would I want 2 wives and why on earth would she want that kind of drama.

She is a pretty lady. She looks like the singer pink, except long hair.

I find everyone weird except myself (when it comes to romance)

Edited by Ted guy
  • Like 4

@Ted guy Yo that’s basically sexual harassment if she tried kissing you and flirts with you about being your wife….In a serious way….💀

Wanting to get married to you, getting in a tizzy when you laugh at her weirdness. 

Im telling you, this is not normal everyday joe schmoe romantic behavior even for your typical allo. 

Yup allos would get seriously creeped out vibes from these types of shenanigans. 

So yeah, it’s not just you not understanding romance here this whole situation sounds seriously dysfunctional and whack. Yikes….

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ikarus said:

@Ted guy Yo that’s basically sexual harassment if she tried kissing you and flirts with you about being your wife….In a serious way….💀

Wanting to get married to you, getting in a tizzy when you laugh at her weirdness. 

Im telling you, this is not normal everyday joe schmoe romantic behavior even for your typical allo. 

Yup allos would get seriously creeped out vibes from these types of shenanigans. 

So yeah, it’s not just you not understanding romance here this whole situation sounds seriously dysfunctional and whack. Yikes….

Holy crap, I thought that was just mildly abnormal.

8 hours ago, SwiftySpeedy said:

uhhh... I don't really know how to help you but if I were in that situation I would probably bolt I'm serious I would literally just bolt.

That's for sure what I would have done when I was younger.

I guess I'm becoming de-sensitized to it because what she did isn't that uncommon out here.

37 minutes ago, Ted guy said:

That's for sure what I would have done when I was younger.

I guess I'm becoming de-sensitized to it because what she did isn't that uncommon out here.

I just never understand the allos, why is it so hard to respect that someone’s married? There’s literally billions of people to date, and I friendzone ALL of them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HelloThere said:

I just never understand the allos, why is it so hard to respect that someone’s married? There’s literally billions of people to date, and I friendzone ALL of them.

Of course, many or even most allos don't engage in such behavior. But there's a minority that is titillated by the thought of trying a "forbidden fruit".

11 hours ago, Ted guy said:

She is a pretty lady. She looks like the singer pink, except long hair.

Yes, and because of this she thinks she's allowed to do stuff that actually fits the definition of sexual harassment.

11 hours ago, Ted guy said:

But instead it made her mad and she threw garbage at my head, and now has blocked off contact from me.

Totally normal... not.

That has nothing to do with being allo and everything to do with being a walking red flag. You could report her to your boss for sexual harassment.

Edited by nonmerci

1 hour ago, DeltaAro said:

Of course, many or even most allos don't engage in such behavior. But there's a minority that is titillated by the thought of trying a "forbidden fruit".

Yes, and because of this she thinks she's allowed to do stuff that actually fits the definition of sexual harassment.

Totally normal... not.

I still don’t understand some people. I mean I can grasp the cause but only intellectually, not any strong understanding.

1 hour ago, DeltaAro said:

Totally normal... not.

Those are interesting answers that put it into a perspective I didn't think about.

Forbidden fruit..interesting