We had an LGBTQIA+ presentation at school today

whatistheromance

its a shame that aromanticism is less known than asexuality; i also found it weird that they included the less known lgbtq stuff like neopronouns and specific gender identities but just not aromantic. another half of me wishes they didnt include aromanticism because i know full well theyre very likely going to associate it with asexuality. although there is an intersectionality for sure which is why i hoped they could cover the aroacespec as well if they do separate both orientations but im hoping for too much

i honestly would appreciate it more if the presentation is written by a lgbtq member but they tried their best

• Like 5

I hate how aromantic is seen as a microlabel for asexuality. Not only is it not true, but it isn't representative of most of the aromantic community. I know some aroaces experience it that way, but I don't. And that's not even to mention the complete erasure of aroallos. I know this is just one case, but I see it so often.

• Like 5

On 12/9/2022 at 5:18 PM, whatistheromance said:

They covered asexual, and... and... not aromantic. 

Ugh. Of course not. I hate how in so many pride things, even microlabels like abrosexuality and bigenderness like you said are included, but not aromanticism! It really makes a person feel like aromanticism is lesser than the other identities

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AromanticAardvark said:

Ugh. Of course not. I hate how in so many pride things, even microlabels like abrosexuality and bigenderness like you said are included, but not aromanticism! It really makes a person feel like aromanticism is lesser than the other identities

Yeah. People often think that sex w/o romance is just "using someone", which is yet another kick in the balls to aro-allos like myself.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, whatistheromance said:

Yeah. People often think that sex w/o romance is just "using someone", which is yet another kick in the balls to aro-allos like myself.

This is such a stupid statement istg. I wonder where did they get these from. 

• Like 1

I have a theory about why allos say “using someone”. 

So basically romance and sex are often very interlinked. At least I think this is true for a lot of them. Because of the interlink someone may develop romantic feelings to another which are not reciprocated. The one feeling romantic accuses the other of leading them on.

1 they weren’t telling them they weren’t feeling romantically. Leading them on. 

2. They are mad they weren’t feeling anything and blame the other for being heartless out of a temporary fit.

But people can also have casual sex of course but it may not be as pleasurable for allos without the romantic element.

So if someone gets romantic feelings with someone during or after casual sex, then hows it the other’s fault when they both agreed it was casual before sex? If the other starts wanting a romantic relationship the other person is totally in the right to refuse in this case without being accused of using anyone since no one was leading anyone on.

I could totally be wrong this is just a shot in the dark.

• Like 1

Just now, whatistheromance said:

YES! I HAVENT ACTUALLY FINISHED THE TRILOGY YET BUT IM ON 3-3

AHH THE ENDING OF T&T SO GOOD JUST LETTING YA KNOW 

IVE GOTTEN THROUGH THE TRILOGY, APOLLO JUSTICE, AND EDGEWORTH INVESTIGATIONS 1 BUT IM ABOUT TO START PLAYING THE OTHER GAMES ONCE I GET THEM FOR CHRISTMAS LMAO

it’s just so cool to find another ace attorney fan, especially on such a small forum like this! also i hope you enjoy the series :D im currently mad obsessed rn 

Just now, Tinkere said:

AHH THE ENDING OF T&T SO GOOD JUST LETTING YA KNOW 

I'd expect it to be, being the final case in the trilogy lol

1 minute ago, Tinkere said:

it’s just so cool to find another ace attorney fan, especially on such a small forum like this!

Right back at ya!

• Like 1

I was reading a sex-ed book that mentionned asexuality (very briefly, they don't really cover it), but nit aromanticism. And I thought "OK, it is about sexual orientation, not romantic ones". Except that being aro affects someone's sexuality, when you think about it !

In general it is annoying cause it invisibilizes the fact that aromanticism exists, in particular when they point out that asexual people can fall in love but don't point out that aromanticism exists on its own.

• Like 3