lgbtq+ meeting at school?

AroAcedragon13

so as i was walking into Spanish class today there was a notice on the door saying "🏳️‍🌈 Wednesdays 5th period lunch allies welcome"

so i was wondering if i should go?has anyone else gone to something similar?should i ask my friend who might be ace to go with me?What if the teacher doesn't know what aromanticism is?What if my brother knows about it and then questions where i was during lunch? :frog:

Edited by AroAcedragon13
  • Like 1

Sure! And bring your friend, that way it is a little easier to go :) I would have loved going to a meeting like that back when I was at school but times were different then.

7 minutes ago, AroAcedragon13 said:

What if the teacher doesn't know what aromanticism is?   :frog:

Meetings like that are there to learn from each other and share experiences. So if the teacher doesn’t know, you can educate them :)

11 minutes ago, AroAcedragon13 said:

What if my brother knows about it and then questions where i was during lunch? 

You could say you are curious to learn more about lgbtq+ It says ‘allies welcome’ sooooo…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/14/2022 at 11:35 PM, AroAcedragon13 said:

so as i was walking into Spanish class today there was a notice on the door saying "🏳️‍🌈 Wednesdays 5th period lunch allies welcome"

so i was wondering if i should go?has anyone else gone to something similar?should i ask my friend who might be ace to go with me?What if the teacher doesn't know what aromanticism is?What if my brother knows about it and then questions where i was during lunch? :frog:

I would absolutely go at least once, maybe go as an ally on the first time to test the waters.

• Like 3

I haven't been on anything similar since it hasn't been any (that I know of), but I would absolutely go and at least see how it is. That is probably affected by that I'm indirectly out as queer, but you can always go as ally that wants to learn more too.

• Like 2

On 9/14/2022 at 6:35 PM, AroAcedragon13 said:

i've been to a LGBTQ+ club before and my advice is: don't sweat it!

usually (in my experience) they ask you to introduce yourself, name and pronouns, and then ig the convo goes from there.

i think if it fits whatever you're talking about, you can mention it. if people don't know, it's ok! it's a good moment to educate others, and especially if they're in the LGBTQ+ club thing, they'll be a bit more open to talking about it

if you want to tell ur brother where you were, you could say you went [somewhere you usually go] that was rescheduled or smth idk

or tell the truth outright if its safe

so anyway, totally go! it's a great way to meet new folks regardless!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A User said:

i've been to a LGBTQ+ club

I'm kinda jealous, I go to a Christian school so it'd be pretty hard to organise something like that.

Luckily I know most of the LGBTQ people in my grade and a few in the one above, once you know one person you kinda find everyone else too lol (or maybe I'm just really extroverted?)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harvest said:

I'm kinda jealous, I go to a Christian school so it'd be pretty hard to organise something like that.

Luckily I know most of the LGBTQ people in my grade and a few in the one above, once you know one person you kinda find everyone else too lol (or maybe I'm just really extroverted?)

im pretty lucky to attend a public (non-christian) school where LGBTQ people are openly accepted

heck, i've even made acquaintances with some older trans folk at my school.

i honestly just go to the club for friendship bonding purposes, bc i struggle with that sort of thing

• Like 2

• 2 months later...