What you think about aliens and other supernatural beings?

SVK5

I have been wondering ....like i know that aliens are real...we can't be alone in vast universe it doesn't make sense ....but why don't they just appear in front of us....i mean even other supernatural beings are just hidden...why are they so hard to find?

7 hours ago, SVK5 said:

why don't they just appear in front of us

I mean, probably because space is just so damn big.

The other option is that their apparent habit of abducting drunk dudes in the middle of nowhere and sticking a probe up their bums is actually not on. Maybe any alien that wants to visit earth is put on a watchlist.

You say they hide. But can you really discount all those stories about alien lovers as mere alloromantic fantasies?

7 hours ago, Holmbo said:

Aliens are not supernatural beings though.

What about Deanna Troi?

Or is Xenu conceived as supernatural? 👽

13 minutes ago, Deltalorian said:

Not gonna lie, if I were a member of an advanced species where I could go to any planet on holiday, one where the locals are slowly cooking the damn thing to death wouldn't exactly be my first pick.

This is called "Dark Tourism". It depends if the aliens are into this. If yes, Earth would be a great destination.

Edited by DeltaV
  • Like 4

They aren't obligated to and they probably think we are idiots lol. If you are interested in alien stuff, check out Hellier it's on YouTube 

12 hours ago, Deltalorian said:

Not gonna lie, if I were a member of an advanced species where I could go to any planet on holiday, one where the locals are slowly cooking the damn thing to death wouldn't exactly be my first pick.

I read a book where the plot was that aliens had agreement they were allowed to enslave any civilization that wasn't sustainable, so they came to earth to sabotage humans effort to stabilize climate change.

If and when they make their presence known, it's likely because they want the Earth's natural resources. If they've already been here covertly, they're likely to only be here for observation (if they're scientists) or reconnaissance (for future attacks or ensuring we're no threat yet). That said, getting here would be a huge feat in the first place which means their tech would be far beyond ours (and they'll be much smarter) and they're determined enough, which probably means they want precious resources or they're very concerned about us.

Although sailing over the Atlantic is much easier, looking at what the Europeans did to the Americans during the colonial days, the exploring and travelling between was still a feat that was driven more than just discovery. So one can imagine that all but the most advanced and well-travelled beings won't be just dropping by to say "hi". Whether it's gathering resources or information, there's bound to be a bigger reason and probably not in our favour. The question is, are humans just particularly cruel and greedy, or is it an inevitable trait within interloping/expansive beings?

If they're really advanced, and staying out of sight, then it may be in both of our interests to maintain the status quo which is why they're doing it. The less advanced they are, the more they'll need to take stuff from other planets and the harder it is to get there, thus the more likely they'll be here as a threat. So let's just hope they're the former and we'll not hear from them anytime soon...or not?

Edited by SkyTuneRein
  • Like 1

ok we've talked aliens a fair bit now but i'm really interested in the other supernatural creatures bit. Like, does anyone have a favourite.

I mean, as far as i'm concerned dragons good, manticores very good.

not keen on unicorns, just skinny rhinos.

honestly i'm more keen on what is the sillyest thing i can find rather than any care about whether they have a chance of being true.

Llamhigyn Y Dwr  is the goodest froggy

wild haggis is a very important beast, as is the square pig, which between them provide the scottish people with much of their sustenance. although i'm not sure if they count as supernatural.

my favourite though is there's a village in norfolk with a fairy cow which appears when the village is in trouble.

• Like 1