Ace moments

Arsenic

We already had the aro moments. Now, the ace version of it. I'll start.

Some time ago I was walking on the beach with a friend of mine, and after a few time we arrived to a place where everyone was naked. We saw a beautiful girl, and my friend said that he felt embarrassed while looking at her. My response was 'but there is nothing to be ashamed for! It is like watching a beautiful art piece... Like being on a museum. It is nothing wrong with appreciating her beauty?'. My friend put on a weird face, like he didn't understand me. He said 'uhm...well...yeah, I guess...'

Now I look back in time and realize we didn't see the situation the same way. While I was feeling aesthetic attraction, and appreciated the beauty of that girl like if I was looking at a good organised library or something like that, my friend wanted to do the nasty with her. I thought  everyone appreciated naked bodies in the aesthetic way, not in the sexual way. How did it take me so long to figure out my identity? 

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2022 at 10:52 PM, Reengo said:

Ace moments.... basically any time people talk about feeling sexual attraction. I'm like "that's a thing?!"

That was me when I discover asexuality. "You mean... I am not the norm?"

• Like 3

A recent ace moment was when I watched the first season of the Witcher again but this time with a female friend (I watched it the first time with two of my male friends) and Geralt is sitting in a bath tub. My friend gasped and said ‘oh my, look at him!’ and I said ‘Yeah I know right, that poor guy, probably hasn’t had anything to drink for a whole day for his muscles and veins to stand out like that, and then they make you sit in a bathtub!’

There was a small pause and my friend replied with ‘No I meant he looks really sexy?’ So I said ‘Oh! Of course you meant that.’ And we just laughed about it. (She knows I’m aroace)

• Like 3

So in my high school (I work there, I am not a student, for context), me and the nurse are working to increase the LGBT+ knowledge and awareness. Today she gave me some suggestions for the library of the school (as this is where I work). She includes a book about asexuality, and I didn't even ask, she just thought about us on her own.

(and I somehow come out to her after that)

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

A lot of things...but mainly how I'd sometimes just forget that people you know actually have you know sex. Also not understanding celebrity crushes that were probably sexual in some way...I was like "What do you mean?! There's a standard?! What is going on?!". I just thought that they were all beautiful, or thought that they were cool people, so yeah...still don't' get it.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 11:11 AM, queer_kaleidoscope said:

I only realized a few days ago that the song "Cake by the Ocean" is not in fact about cake. 

:0 

this whole time i just thought it was about cake it never really made sense like why would you have cake by the ocean......and now i'm just so shocked and confused

• Like 1

During sex ed at school they were teaching us about sex and my brain went

'lol that would be really awkward in real life XD I don't want to do that ever'

• Like 1

On 8/9/2022 at 4:46 AM, AroAcedragon13 said:

this whole time i just thought it was about cake it never really made sense like why would you have cake by the ocean......and now i'm just so shocked and confused

My first thought at that revelation was "but it's so sandy and salty no way that'd be enjoyable"

My own ace moment, probably when I realised that people usually need to be attracted to someone before they'd sleep with them. I'd be like "well if two people wanted to have sex, why would they not" and be told that they may just not be into each other.

• Like 2

I saw a post online about body modifications and I was suddenly reminded of an ace moment I had when I was in art school.

We were watching a documentary about body art/modifications and there was a woman showing off her tongue, which had been split at the tip. She was demonstrating how she could wiggle the two tips of her tongue separately. Several people were giggling, which turned into laughter when I commented: ‘Wow, imagine how fast she can eat an ice cream cone!’

Edited by Nix
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/23/2022 at 5:09 PM, Graace said:

I wonder, would it be the same with a split tongue, or would it actually help you eat ice cream?

No idea, I just thought it would be like two people licking an ice cream at the same time, from both sides. Shame I don’t know anyone irl that has a split tongue, because I would like to know 🤔

Edited by Nix
  • Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 1:17 AM, Nix said:

No idea, I just thought it would be like two people licking an ice cream at the same time, from both sides. Shame I don’t know anyone irl that has a split tongue, because I would like to know 🤔

me too!

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Collie said:

Sometimes sex just feels completely foreign to me. Like..... people really do that? It's not an urban legend?? 

Same. It is a bit hard to explain but it is like for me, sex is not part of my world : it is not that I want or don't want it, it just doesn't exist. I have to remind that for most people it is a thing.