I dont mind being single

Good article, I think that many of us would relate to it. Why everyone looks so desperate for falling in love, and dating, and living a happy "ever after"? Many times people talk about romantic love as if life was empty, lonely and dark without it, and it is sad. When I think about a twelve year old me, happily talking about how satisfied was I going to be living in my own house with plants and animals, and with no partner, it surprises me that it took me so much time to figure out I am aro. 

• Like 4

I don't even bother using the word single it doesn't make sense to me haha I feel like it just feeds into that whole idea to begin with. Just live life really, but I do find it useful to read into things and understand. As for social media I don't use it so I don't see this stuff and if I do I mostly just ignore it, though maybe ppl of a certain age can't. What I wouldn't mind is more friends but ay.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, alto said:

I am fairly happy being single, especially since discovering the joys of playing music.

same I recently made it into the twin cities orchestra who I play cello for but my main instrument is the bass and electric bass. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mewix said:

I don't even bother using the word single it doesn't make sense to me haha I feel like it just feeds into that whole idea to begin with. Just live life really, but I do find it useful to read into things and understand. As for social media I don't use it so I don't see this stuff and if I do I mostly just ignore it, though maybe ppl of a certain age can't. What I wouldn't mind is more friends but ay.

I like the word solo. But I've not used it much since it's been a long time since anyone asked directly about my relationship status.

• Like 1