Post Yer Voice Here - Arocalypse Version

DannyFenton123

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, DannyFenton123 said:

Oh, interesting! I'm told I sound American in England, and English in America xD

You sound like some confusing English-American!! I seriously had trouble telling. I was like, "Must be American" then like, "Wait, no! English..." then back to American then English blah blah blah you get the jist. I love it, though!!

I did the thing! Turns out my mic wasn't broken; I forgot it doesn't work when my headphones are plugged in

Here's the link: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1LDXweFUrrG

I missed a bit http://vocaroo.com/i/s0tOjbNmdYI5

I'm actually dyspraxic and a bit dyslexic so reading all that aloud to you guys should have been really difficult, but it came out quite well I think :D

18 hours ago, DannyFenton123 said:

Oh, interesting! I'm told I sound American in England, and English in America xD

Your accent is really cool. It seems like it's alternating between English and American sometimes. One second you sound completely American, and the next you pronounce stuff like you are English. It's really cool!

14 minutes ago, Spud said:

Your accent is really cool. It seems like it's alternating between English and American sometimes. One second you sound completely American, and the next you pronounce stuff like you are English. It's really cool!

[Moment of stupidity, please ignore me]

1 minute ago, RedNeko said:

Thank you! I've never had anyone say I sound American before, as I said in the recording my accent is considered to be very English. Maybe what you're picking up is a slight slip into Northern English? My family come from further north and I've been living in the north for uni. Or maybe not, I would have no idea xD

Oh, I was talking about Danny :P But your accent sounds really cool, too! I love English accents in general. IDK why, probably just because I never really hear them in real life. I always just hear American accents or accents from my friends' parents since they are non-native English speakers.

3 minutes ago, RedNeko said:

[Moment of stupidity, please ignore me]

Haha that's an easy mistake in a forum like this. It can be hard to tell who is talking to who :P 

1 minute ago, Spud said:

Oh, I was talking about Danny :P But your accent sounds really cool, too! I love English accents in general. IDK why, probably just because I never really hear them in real life. I always just hear American accents or accents from my friends' parents since they are non-native English speakers.

Yeah, I realised, that's why I edited out my post :P I like listening to non-native English speakers speak English because they speak it in their own way

1 hour ago, Spud said:

Oh, interesting! Thanks! xD

In sad news, I think my laptop's audio is busted, so I can't hear anything :(

On April 4, 2016 at 11:53 PM, Spud said:

Just for anyone thinking of posting their voice:

(I got this from Tumblr but I changed stuff a bit to fit more into this forum xD )

AROCALYPSE ACCENT CHALLENGE!!!

• Your name (optional) and username.
  • Where you’re from.
  • Pronounce the following words: Aunt, Roof, Route, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Pajamas, Caught, Naturally, Aluminium, GIF, Tumblr, Crackerjack, Doorknob, Envelope, Arocalypse, AVEN, aromantic (curious as to how people pronounce these last 3).
  • What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
  • What is a bubbly carbonated drink called?
  • What do you call gym shoes?
  • What do you call your grandparents?
  • What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
  • What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
  • Choose a book and read a passage from it.
  • Do you think you have an accent?
  • Do you know anyone on Arocalypse (or AVEN since this is fairly new) in real life?
  • End audio post by saying any THREE words you want.

Yay, quoting myself!

I thought since I'm not posting my actual accent, I would just answer the questions that don't require speaking.

1. My username is… ummm… just look above my profile picture and you'll see it.

2. I'm from the North-east U.S.

3. When you throw toilet paper on a house, it's called TP-ing it.

4. A bubbly carbonated drink is soda.

5. Gym shoes are called sneakers.

6. My grandparents are called Grandma and Grandpa, although I called one of them "Grandma (first name)" to differentiate between my grandmothers. However, now I just have one grandparent, so that's not necessary.

7. The thing you use to carry groceries at a supermarket is called a shopping cart.

8. You change the TV channel with a remote (my grandfather used to call it a "clicker" but no one else I know never did).

9. I have an accent. You have an accent. Everyone has an accent.

10. I don't know anyone on here from real life.

Fin

2 hours ago, Spud said:

...since I'm not posting my actual accent...

Aww, i was looking forward to hearing the voice of our great leader.

Archived