'Sup guys?

Heya guys!

I’ve been lurking in the shadows for a little while and thought I’d make myself known. I’m 20 years old and recently realized that I’m aromantic. While I can’t quite remember the thought process that lead up to it, I remember the moment I admitted it myself. I was washing up with my little sister when out of the blue I turned to her and said “I think I might be aromantic.” She nodded solemnly and said “Yeah, I think you really are.”

I’m not sure when I first heard about aromanticism or whether it struck a chord with me then, but I’m really glad it was something that I already knew about when I was figuring out my romantic deal (yay for aro awareness!). Looking back, I always knew that something was off with me romantically, but I assumed that I (sigh) hadn’t met The Right Person or that I would be interested when I was older. Being heterosexual didn’t help with my realization, because I thought, hey, I like guys as people and I think they’re hot, that’s romantic attraction, right? Right? No? 

I’ve been on exactly one semi-date: I was at a dance and a guy I had spoken to briefly before bought me a ginger-beer down the street. We sat on a bench and talked about… I dunno, nothing of substance really. He kept saying weird junk, like “You have a great personality.” (Bro, you don’t know me from Elmo) and “Wow, I’m surprised that you’re single!” (Bro, being unpaired is default state of a human being, what are you on about?) I’m ashamed to say that I don’t remember his name, only thinking that ginger-beer is amazing and that I didn’t see the point of dates.  

While I’ve had my suspicions for a long time, and I’m very content with my identity, I’m still reeling a little from the realization, and I just want to say how grateful I am that this forum exists. I find our shared experiences very validating. I’ll probably be pretty quiet on here, but I just want you guys to know that I exist and I appreciate you! xxx

I hate waiting for anything and I know how annoying it is but here we quite literally wait for no one! Also it's the most sacred and technologically advanced thing ever and it's existence marks a new era of Humanity starting from April 2016CE. Also ice cream :icecream:

Hi, welcome :icecream: Thanks for making an account and saying hello ^_^

5 hours ago, fhqwhgads said:

I’ve been on exactly one semi-date: I was at a dance and a guy I had spoken to briefly before bought me a ginger-beer down the street. We sat on a bench and talked about… I dunno, nothing of substance really. He kept saying weird junk, like “You have a great personality.” (Bro, you don’t know me from Elmo) and “Wow, I’m surprised that you’re single!” (Bro, being unpaired is default state of a human being, what are you on about?) I’m ashamed to say that I don’t remember his name, only thinking that ginger-beer is amazing and that I didn’t see the point of dates.  

Yeah, that sounds like some poor dating technic there xD Dating culture is weird :S

Archived