A bit of help is welcome

Hi, I discovered i was aromantic a few days ago. It clicked to me when i was reading about aromantism since i could relate to the definition and through my search in the forums I became more sure by reading the opinions of everyone here. I want to show pride in being aromantic and I was reading about white rings and green rings on the middle finger from the left hand. Just wanted to know if both color work and if I could show it any other way? Thanks in advance!

Ps. Also, when I read allo here does it mean allosexual or alloromantic? Or depends of the convo? Was a bit confused.

• Like 1

It would depend on context, usually. If someone talks about just "allos" it usually means alloromantics, but the phrase "allo aro" refers to allosexual aromantics.

As for the rings, I've... Never actually heard of anyone using green rings? White ones, sure, but never green... Although I have heard also of wearing rings with arrow themes. You could also just get aro merch, if you want to be more direct about it. I own several aro pins and a T-shirt.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

It would depend on context, usually. If someone talks about just "allos" it usually means alloromantics, but the phrase "allo aro" refers to allosexual aromantics.

As for the rings, I've... Never actually heard of anyone using green rings? White ones, sure, but never green... Although I have heard also of wearing rings with arrow themes. You could also just get aro merch, if you want to be more direct about it. I own several aro pins and a T-shirt.

Thanks a lot for the answer about the ring. Yeah, definitely going to try to get some merch, im sick of being hidden and not being able to express myself truly.  

On 3/8/2020 at 1:45 AM, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

It would depend on context, usually. If someone talks about just "allos" it usually means alloromantics,

Here, AUREA,etc. it would mean "alloromantic".
Whereas somewhere like AVAN it would mean "asexual".

On 3/9/2020 at 4:34 AM, Mark said:

Here, AUREA,etc. it would mean "alloromantic".
Whereas somewhere like AVEN it would mean "asexual".

Actually, people use "allo" as an abbreviation for both terms on both sites (it gets very confusing). So as @Jot-Aro Kujo mentioned, you kind of have to go off context.

The usual trick is to see what term (romantic, sexual) it's paired with - and then assume it's referring to the opposite, as these tend to come in pairs (like alloromantic asexual, allosexual aromantic, asexual aromantic, biromantic asexual, aromantic pansexual, etc. - each pair has one sexual and one romantic identity term)

So for example, if someone says "allo aro", the aro is short for aromantic and thus has answered the romantic part of the identity - so  "allo" in this case must be answering the sexual part - and thus be short for "allosexual". 

If there is no additional context like that, I look to see if they spelled it out earlier in the post. And if they hanven't...sometimes I just have to ask.

-

When it comes to identity symbols, if you want other people to be able to recognize it, I definitely recommend going with the flag colors as the ring thing is less common and less recognizeable. But if you are just doing it for fun or self confidence, then do whatever suits your style!

• Thanks 2

Thanks sennkestra and Mark, a friend is making me a ring made out of a creamy white wood. When he is done I'll post it. Also for now I'm not fully out,so the ring is best for me. Maybe later ill get one with the flag and do some combination with my outwear. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Finally my friend finished both ring ^^ here they are. The first one is from a wart from a Box Elder tree (a maple tree), the arrow was made using a laser, also stainless steel so my sweat isn't absorbed and has a layer of wax for humidity protection. The second one is white acrylic, sadly the laser could not burn it, but nevertheless gonna use it too. I'm so happy :3

91737486_573036853569347_520632911964143

91867220_782307525627747_422112494548208

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ch0c0 said:

They are both nice.

Thanks, now to wait this pandemic to be over and go out with them to see if someone recognize the meaning ^^. Gonna be very wholesome if someone understands it.