I Wanted to Do One Too!!!

RedNeko

You might realise already, but I'm not actually a new member. When I joined I didn't do one of these because on forums I had used before the welcome board was basically not used. Also, I've been gone for a month so there are new people who I've not met to introduce myself to.

So hi, I'm Neko. I've considered myself to be aromantic for about 3 or 4 years, but it wasn't until a few months ago that I realised that aromantic is the word to describe it. If you look to the left then you can see some other details about me, although as I'm writing this I've realised they're wrong so I'll have to get round to changing them at some point. I love this forum because there seemed to be a lack of active, chatty safe-spaces for aromantics, particularly ones which weren't aro and ace (which is great those spaces exist, but it's a little arkward if you're allosexual). I adore everyone here (not spoken to each other? Never posted? Never made an account? I still adore you), and it's weird to think that this wasn't even a thing in my life not all that long ago.

I like cooking, food shopping (the only acceptable form of shopping), reading (anything from novels to fanfics to signs on the wall), listening to music, gaming (mostly computer) and probably some other things that I can't remember. I'm often in chat, feel free to come say hi :D

Also, I read every post on this forum which I've mentioned to a few people and it turns out other people don't... Does anyone else read absolutely everything?

Errrr... Welcome?

Thanks for sharing some information about yourself. I think?

(Help I only know how to give people ice cream!)

ICE CREAM :icecream:

What is it with all these ellipsical welcomes? I'll have none of that!

Welcome, old friend! Please help yourself to more :icecream:! I'm glad you made an introduction--I've always been hesitant to do introductions myself, because I never know exactly what to say, or what to expect.

I'm also an allosexual aro, and I definitely understand where you're coming from, about the lack of understanding spaces for aros that aren't predominantly aroace. I'm glad that you found us.

Thanks for humouring me guys xD And thanks for the ice cream, have some in return :icecream::icecream::icecream::icecream::icecream::icecream:

1 hour ago, omitef said:

What is it with all these ellipsical welcomes? I'll have none of that!

I was just going to let this pass, but I decided I had to ask: what's an 'ellipsical welcome'?

Welcome! :icecream:

Also, as an aromantic asexual, I feel like I relate more to the aromantic allosexuals than to the romantic asexuals... which is part of why I love this site so much!

Archived