Introductions

omitef

Hey, everyone. I'm omitef, but you can also call me Cy. I found this forum on /r/aromantic, and thought it would be a good alternative to AVEN, which is more focused on sexuality.

For the longest time I thought I was actually alloromantic, but there were always a few "weird" things that bothered me about romance and relationships. Like even though I wanted to be in a relationship, actually being in a relationship was uncomfortable for me. It wasn't that I didn't like the person I was dating--it just felt really wrong. Relationships made me feel trapped and overwhelmed by my partner's feelings. Another issue was, once the other person started being extremely affectionate with me, it was an immediate turn-off. It was okay when I was affectionate with them, but if they did it too much back to me, then I started feeling trapped again. I'm happiest when I'm able to be affectionate with someone who appreciates my affection, but doesn't do anything in return beyond platonically.

For awhile, I've been in a happy situation with my aromantic asexual friend; we have a close relationship that's not romantic. But I'm a bit stressed out right now, because I just developed a crush on a polyamorous person, who seems to expect more from me, and I don't know what to do with that. 

I currently identify as lithromantic, and I'm trying to learn what this means for me and the future romantic/queerplatonic adventures in my life. I hope I'll be able to make some good friends here.

5 minutes ago, PerformativeSurprise said:

Welcome, Cy! :icecream: I hope you enjoy it here! (and make some friends :) ) .  Look forward to seeing you around!

Thanks! I've been wandering around the forums and I like it a lot. 

1 minute ago, DannyFenton123 said:

Welcome to Arocalypse! I hope you like it here :icecream:

Thank you, and yeah, this seems like a welcoming and fun space so far.

Welcome to Arocalypse! AVEN is definitely more focused on sexuality, so I think this is a good alternative, especially for allosexual people. Here's some ice cream :icecream:

1 hour ago, Spud said:

Welcome to Arocalypse! AVEN is definitely more focused on sexuality, so I think this is a good alternative, especially for allosexual people. Here's some ice cream :icecream:

Thanks. Also, what's with the ice cream inside joke thing? Is that like the aro version of ace cake?

1 hour ago, Starry Sky said:

Welcome to Arocalypse, Cy!! I totally understand how you feel about affection. It's a turn-off for me as well. I hope you enjoy it here!!

I'm glad to hear I'm not alone. Thanks for welcoming me. 

4 minutes ago, omitef said:

Thanks. Also, what's with the ice cream inside joke thing? Is that like the aro version of ace cake?

Yeah, sort of. There's a thread about ice cream. I'll find it for you.

EDIT: Here it is:

Archived