Hello!

Jade

Hi everyone, I'm Jade! I'm pretty active on tumblr and I run a skype group for neurodivergent aro teens, but I'm not very active in the online aro community (other than a few tumblr posts and the skype network). I was feeling kind of alone and facing hostility on tumblr due to the discourse there, and I saw a post about this forum so I figured I'd join here! I've never been on AVEN (well, I was for a couple months, back in 2011), and I'm missing the sense of community and friendship I had on forums when I was younger. I also feel alone because the two friends I had who previously identified as aromantic now identify as asexual homoromantic and asexual heteroromantic. I'm aromantic but gay, I'm crazy, and I like to read, write, and learn new things. I also really love cats, and I foster kittens! And I'm homestuck trash (as you can tell by my nickname and avatar). I've always kind of known that I was kind of weird because I didn't get crushes, but I always figured I'd "figure it out when I'm older" or "find the right one someday", like I was told, and then when I found the word aromantic, some things made a bit more sense to me. c: Of course, then I was on AVEN for a couple of months, which confused me even more (but made me more open and accepting, so I'm grateful), and then seventh grade happened--but that's another story. In eighth grade, I became comfortable with being aromantic, since then I've gained a qpp, and these days I'm sometimes even proud of who I am!

Anyway, I'm excited to meet and talk to everyone here!! :D 

Hi, Jade! I hope that Arocalypse is able to restore your sense of community. There does seem to be a lot of hostility on Tumblr, but I haven't really seen anything like that on here yet. Here's some ice cream: :softserve: 

Hello everyone! It's nice to meet you guys :D I'm excited to be a member of arocalypse!! And thank you for the ice cream~ :icecream:

(I'm vegan though, so let's all pretend it's coconut milk ice cream instead of dairy, yeah? :P)

Thanks everyone, for the ice cream and the welcome!!

My qpp is amazing! She's not aro, but she's ace, and she just visited me for an overnight. She's in a romantic relationship as well but she prioritizes our qpr over her relationship with her gf, which is just?? amazing? :D I love her so much (no romo!)

I do like cashew milk ice cream as well! My favorite vegan desserts are coconut popsicles and strawberry sorbet, but I also like various vegan ice creams :) (with coconut milk being my favorite because I love the taste of coconut--I'm a floridian and when I was little I used to collect coconuts on the beach and then break them open to drink the milk!)

Being neurodivergent basically means that my brain works differently than "normal"/"neurotypical". I'm very, very mentally ill, and I have a couple other brain disorders too, but it all overlaps so much that the doctors don't really know exactly what's different about me, just that I'm very different. I like to joke that I'll be diagnosed with everything in the DSM by the time I'm an adult :P so instead of calling myself a specific label, I just call myself neurodivergent. I like the label for a lot of reasons, but I especially like the community around it, and the existence of other people with Generic Brain Problems who I can relate to ^w^

PS: my current foster kitten is named Pepper and she's super adorable :3 

Archived