Hello I am new

pastelprincess

3 hours ago, pastelprincess said:

I have realized I am aromantic. I have never had crushes or been in love with anyone. 

How does someone know if they are asexual?  

Roughly the same way you worked out you were aromantic - it's a lack of sexual desire. There's plenty of other aces to talk to here though if you're still questioning!

Welcome!

there are lots of terms in the spectrum of the a-awesome peoples. Most are to describe a not completely asexual or aromantic state. I am still having issues pinning down terms to fit my sexuality, but lots of people around here and other sites are supportive and helpful 

7 hours ago, Apathetic Echidna said:

Welcome!

there are lots of terms in the spectrum of the a-awesome peoples. Most are to describe a not completely asexual or aromantic state. I am still having issues pinning down terms to fit my sexuality, but lots of people around here and other sites are supportive and helpful 

Hello thank you :)

2 hours ago, Louis Hypo said:

Welcome dearly :beepapo::icecream:

Hi 

On 08/09/2017 at 8:24 PM, pastelprincess said:

How does someone know if they are asexual?  

Without getting into full-on TMI territory here (xD) I think that if you're not asexual then it's pretty obvious. You see people that you 'like'. You imagine what they might look like without clothes on. You fantasise about having sex with them (especially so when you are, ahem, 'enjoying yourself' :$) You have dreams about it as well.

So, if you've never experienced much of the above at age 24 (I have since early puberty :D) then maybe there's a pretty good chance you're somewhere on the asexuality spectrum? (unless this is all completely different for girls or something?! can a female person help me out here please!!)

@NullVector that is why the hyphen is there! we are A and Awesome, but I thought writing a&awesome people would look weird, maybe a+awesome would be better?

As a cisfemale the main difference I notice fairly often between me and my allosexual friends is if we see someone we think is attractive my thoughts don't go below the clothes level, while their thoughts and comments do. But yeah, basically what NullVector said. There is a massive list of sexuality terms for all the people not allosexual yet not quite asexual, just reading through lists can help you understand where you fit sometimes. here is one list http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/123256-asexuality-sexual-orientation-lexicon-read-me/?tab=comments#comment-1061345333

14 hours ago, Apathetic Echidna said:

As a cisfemale the main difference I notice fairly often between me and my allosexual friends is if we see someone we think is attractive my thoughts don't go below the clothes level, while their thoughts and comments do.

If I would use that criterion, 80% of women are asexual and 20% have sex constantly on their minds. :D

19 hours ago, NullVector said:

Without getting into full-on TMI territory here (xD) I think that if you're not asexual then it's pretty obvious. You see people that you 'like'. You imagine what they might look like without clothes on. You fantasise about having sex with them (especially so when you are, ahem, 'enjoying yourself' :$) You have dreams about it as well.

So, if you've never experienced much of the above at age 24 (I have since early puberty :D) then maybe there's a pretty good chance you're somewhere on the asexuality spectrum? (unless this is all completely different for girls or something?! can a female person help me out here please!!)

Wow I have never experienced any of that :gasp: I'm sure I'm asexual now. :)

15 hours ago, Apathetic Echidna said:

@NullVector that is why the hyphen is there! we are A and Awesome, but I thought writing a&awesome people would look weird, maybe a+awesome would be better?

As a cisfemale the main difference I notice fairly often between me and my allosexual friends is if we see someone we think is attractive my thoughts don't go below the clothes level, while their thoughts and comments do. But yeah, basically what NullVector said. There is a massive list of sexuality terms for all the people not allosexual yet not quite asexual, just reading through lists can help you understand where you fit sometimes. here is one list http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/123256-asexuality-sexual-orientation-lexicon-read-me/?tab=comments#comment-1061345333

Thanks I will read this. :)

Archived