Any aro-related book recommendations?

Helion

I love reading, so it would be kind of cool to read something about aromanticsm. Please feel free to shower me with suggestions regardless of what I will say now, but I particularly feel like a book in which aromanticsm isn't the sole focus, with plenty of worldbuilding and all the fun stuff existing around it, too. I'd be happy alr if the book just had a protagonist with some aromantic themes for example. I'm also a big fan of anything related to fantasy, so that'd be cool, too, but as I said, you can suggest anything, I'd really appreciate it!

This is a useful site for finding recs: https://lgbtqreads.com/representation/romantic-sexual-orientation/

As is the AroAce Database! https://www.aroacedatabase.com/results?search=aro

The only one I've read myself was the Market of Monsters trilogy, where the protagonists' aromanticism is definitely not the focus. I enjoyed the books, but they weren't the best I've ever read (good enough that I finished but not great enough that I'd read them again) and they do get really dark, which may or may not be your thing.

Edited by hemogoblin
  • Thanks 1

The Midnight bargain is fantasy with really interesting world building. One of the side characters is aromantic. There's a romance plot in the book though. But also a lot of the book is about the main character trying to avoid marriage so that she can keep practicing magic so it feels pretty aro themed overall.

Ace and Aro Journeys: A Guide to Embracing Your Asexual or Aromantic Identity by the Ace and Aro Advocacy Project is a very good read. An introduction-like and guide book that maybe not a lot of Aspecs may need if they're already settled into their identity, but I found it amazing, especially since there's a lot of quotes and passages written in it are straight from random citizens who are Aspoec.