Dumb people at my school

MaxIsCosmic

I don’t know where else to say but i don’t know any other Demi-ro people irl so I guess here is the best place. So I had a guy give me his number after a group project and I told him I wasn’t interested but that we could still be friends and instead of respecting that he got very defensive and pressured me to say what i didn’t like about him, and I know I don’t owe him an explanation as to why i don’t want to go out but after a lot of pressing from him I told him I was Demi-ro and I also explained what it was. I guess I kinda expected him to respect that answer but he didn’t and just asked why he couldn’t be the exception and that I was just playing hard or get and using it as an excuse. It was just kind of invalidating and disrespectful I tried to explain that’s not how it works but after he said he didn’t care and that it was made up I decided he wasn’t worth my time and just ran away. I’m just kind of annoyed that people can just respect others. 

• Sad 1

Ok.  That isn't normal behavior.  That is REALLY REALLY bad.  Feel free to...feel free to punch him in the face.  If he thinks he can be the exception to your orientation, and it isn't real and it's made up...this guy doesn't deserve your time, love, or attention.

• Like 3

This guy is red flag. Don't bother explaining things to guys like this. Say something like "what I don't like about you is that you don't know English, considering you don't know what no means" or "I don't like the fact that you are about to get trouble for harrassment", and eventually denounce him if it doesn't stop.

People like this don't want an anwser to why you don't like him, they just want to know how to convince you to date him.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/29/2023 at 3:07 AM, MaxIsCosmic said:

I don’t know where else to say but i don’t know any other Demi-ro people irl so I guess here is the best place. So I had a guy give me his number after a group project and I told him I wasn’t interested but that we could still be friends and instead of respecting that he got very defensive and pressured me to say what i didn’t like about him, and I know I don’t owe him an explanation as to why i don’t want to go out but after a lot of pressing from him I told him I was Demi-ro and I also explained what it was. I guess I kinda expected him to respect that answer but he didn’t and just asked why he couldn’t be the exception and that I was just playing hard or get and using it as an excuse. It was just kind of invalidating and disrespectful I tried to explain that’s not how it works but after he said he didn’t care and that it was made up I decided he wasn’t worth my time and just ran away. I’m just kind of annoyed that people can just respect others. 

It's disheartening to witness the label "dumb" thrown around at school. Education should be about lifting each other up. Instead of judgment, let's focus on supporting one another's growth. I've found that essay writer help can be a game-changer, providing valuable assistance to those struggling. Let's foster a culture of collaboration and encouragement, where everyone has the chance to excel.

Demiromantic orientation is a valid and legitimate identity, and it's disheartening when others dismiss or deny its existence

• Like 2