I will be judged if I say I'm aroace so I'm keeping it a secret. Is this right?

me_kachu

I am 14 which, even though your never too young to identify as aroace I feel people will think I am too young to identify and judge based on my age. I've only told one person and she is the person I trust most in the whole world! How did you feel when you realised and did you keep it a secret or go full out to tell the whole world?

Me_kachu, signing off

I think I told people a bit too early in life. I told my siblings and cousin and they don't seem to get that it's a spectrum and say I'm not aroace. I think you should only tell people you know you can trust, which you did. :)

• Thanks 1

I made sure to come out and tell everyone the moment I figured out I'm aromantic, in order to make it perfectly clear to a society that puts romantic attraction on a pedestal, that such a concept should not be applied to me. If someone decides to ignore this clear boundary set by an aromantic, that means said person ignoring the boundary is a piece of shit, and is best to keep out of your life at all costs.

• Thanks 1