Hi!^^ I'm new here

Maybe Mae

I'm Mae. I'm 19 and I found this place over a post on TrevorSpace.

I'm genderfluid and most of the time I go by any/all pronouns.

I'm greyaroace and demiromantic (and I identify with a few microlabels but I don't want to hit you with a long list here) so I'm a little bit worried I'm not aro enough to be here.

I'm here because while I do have some amount of community irl since a local LGBTQIA+ space does have an A-Spec specific meetup that I go to pretty regularly but there aren't that many regular attendees aside from me so I wanted to look for community elsewhere in addition to that. 

Me realizing and coming to terms with the fact I'm on the arospec was the last piece in my process of me figuring my gender+orientation stuff out so it's still the newest for me.

But enough about all that heres some facts about me:

I have a cat. I really like to draw, listen to music, read, write, crochet, listen to audio dramas, play videogames, make zines, play TTRPGs and cook.  I'm autistic and I have ADHD. I think voidpunk is really cool. My favorite genres are fantasy, horror, scifi and mystery.

I'm hoping to meet some cool people on here

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Maybe Mae said:

I'm Mae. I'm 19 and I found this place over a post on TrevorSpace.

I'm genderfluid and most of the time I go by any/all pronouns.

I'm greyaroace and demiromantic (and I identify with a few microlabels but I don't want to hit you with a long list here) so I'm a little bit worried I'm not aro enough to be here.

I'm here because while I do have some amount of community irl since a local LGBTQIA+ space does have an A-Spec specific meetup that I go to pretty regularly but there aren't that many regular attendees aside from me so I wanted to look for community elsewhere in addition to that. 

Me realizing and coming to terms with the fact I'm on the arospec was the last piece in my process of me figuring my gender+orientation stuff out so it's still the newest for me.

But enough about all that heres some facts about me:

I have a cat. I really like to draw, listen to music, read, write, crochet, listen to audio dramas, play videogames, make zines, play TTRPGs and cook.  I'm autistic and I have ADHD. I think voidpunk is really cool. My favorite genres are fantasy, horror, scifi and mystery.

I'm hoping to meet some cool people on here

Hey :D Welcome to Arocalypse. First of all, you don't need to be full aro to be on here, we welcome you anyway you are! Also I think that it is really cool that you have ADHD and play ttrpgs becuase I am the same way. :)

Long story short, welcome. I hope your experience here is positive.

22 minutes ago, Rackson said:

Hey :D Welcome to Arocalypse. First of all, you don't need to be full aro to be on here, we welcome you anyway you are! Also I think that it is really cool that you have ADHD and play ttrpgs becuase I am the same way. :)

Long story short, welcome. I hope your experience here is positive.

What kind of TTRPGs do you like?

2 minutes ago, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

Nice to meet you. What's Trevorspace?

Oh it’s amazing (sort of). It’s the larger forum employed by the TrevorProject to give LGBTQ+ people a sort of social media to talk, learn, and just overall discuss things. It’s a very messy place though, the mods are practically useless, there’s some minor pedophilia issues from adults gaming their age, and so many people just feel horrible sometimes, but that’s the reason I’m there in some ways. I wanna jus talk and help them out. Besides it’s fun to meet more aroaces.

23 minutes ago, Maybe Mae said:

What kind of TTRPGs do you like?

Dnd 5ed, pathfinder, I am looking for a group for monster of the week. 

You?

16 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

Oh it’s amazing (sort of). It’s the larger forum employed by the TrevorProject to give LGBTQ+ people a sort of social media to talk, learn, and just overall discuss things. It’s a very messy place though, the mods are practically useless, there’s some minor pedophilia issues from adults gaming their age, and so many people just feel horrible sometimes, but that’s the reason I’m there in some ways. I wanna jus talk and help them out. Besides it’s fun to meet more aroaces.

Yeah, that is the same exact issue I had with 7cups, and exactly why I stay away from trevorspace. I don't need more issues to worry about. And every time I go on a platform like that I feel like my issue is worthless because people will always have worse issues than me.

32 minutes ago, Rackson said:

You?

Yeah, that is the same exact issue I had with 7cups, and exactly why I stay away from trevorspace. I don't need more issues to worry about. And every time I go on a platform like that I feel like my issue is worthless because people will always have worse issues than me.

They seem to be more generally understanding, plus there’s more activity so I see few issues. 😁

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rackson said:

You?

Bubblegum Wizards, Glitter Hearts, Galactic 2e, Sleepaway, Wanderhome and Absurdia. I've been meaning to check out monster of the week but I haven't gotten around to it.

1 hour ago, Maybe Mae said:

Bubblegum Wizards, Glitter Hearts, Galactic 2e, Sleepaway, Wanderhome and Absurdia. I've been meaning to check out monster of the week but I haven't gotten around to it.

Which one of those would you most recommend?