Anyone else really wish they could live in a certain fictional universe?

HelloThere

34 minutes ago, Kira- said:

Agreed, but I’d still want to be a dragon, I just can’t pass that up.

I’d hate to sacrifice human dexterity. Doesn’t sound worth it tbh. I’d prefer to just have superpowers and shapeshift and crap. That just sounds way too fun to mess around with, and do cool stuff.

• Thanks 1

I feel like a lot of my media diet is either set on earth without any difference (or no difference for the vast majority of people), not a safe place to live, or I wouldn't be able to get gender affirming care. Also I would kinda prefer a fantasy.

Mutazione could be good if I lived on the island the game takes place on, since it seems to be otherwise modern day. Discworld would also be good, although it is only mostly safe. Probably much less safe if I get gender care from a wizard.

On 7/19/2023 at 3:58 PM, HelloThere said:

To be more specific, who here would freaking love to sorta BE one of the main characters in a story they've heard of? For me it's like, I'd BEG to be one of the main characters in The Owl House, just with a few tweaks in my story. 

Ironically, I saw the title of this thread and immediately thought of TOH lol. The complete acceptance in the Boiling Isles of same-gender relationships, nonbinary identities, and whatever other queer stuff is a dream

Also, WATCH OWL HOUSE IF YOU HAVEN'T

On 7/19/2023 at 7:45 PM, HelloThere said:

My heart aches for the owl house. The whole story is just tearjerkingly beautiful. I love the characters, I love the storyline, all the representation, the world building, the ships, the character arcs, EVERYTHING.

I finally watched the show a few weeks ago and am rewatching it rn and I absolutely love this show and I hate Disney for canceling it bc I want to know what would have happened if they hadn't had to fit the ending into 3 episodes.

Even though despite that, they still managed to have a good ending, it just felt slightly rushed, and there's a couple of things I would have liked to see more of

Edited by AstrophelDragon

4 minutes ago, AstrophelDragon said:

Ironically, I saw the title of this thread and immediately thought of TOH lol. The complete acceptance in the Boiling Isles of same-gender relationships, nonbinary identities, and whatever other queer stuff is a dream

I finally watched the show a few weeks ago and am rewatching it rn and I absolutely love this show and I hate Disney for canceling it bc I want to know what would have happened if they hadn't had to fit the ending into 3 episodes

Oh yeah, for over a mont that show was MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE thing on earth. I mean imagine getting to live there, everyone’s accepting of queer identities, most social issues aren’t a problem, there’s magic, and so many strange and wonderful things. Give me magical abilities and I’ve just described paradise. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HelloThere said:

Oh yeah, for over a mont that show was MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE thing on earth. I mean imagine getting to live there, everyone’s accepting of queer identities, most social issues aren’t a problem, there’s magic, and so many strange and wonderful things. Give me magical abilities and I’ve just described paradise. 

EXACTLY

Also I wish we had more of Raine. Bc I absolutely love them. If they ever made some sort of spin-off series I'd want it to be about Raine

(also I think it's time to change my pfp to Raine)

Edited by AstrophelDragon

6 minutes ago, AstrophelDragon said:

I finally watched the show a few weeks ago and am rewatching it rn and I absolutely love this show and I hate Disney for canceling it bc I want to know what would have happened if they hadn't had to fit the ending into 3 episodes.

Even though despite that, they still managed to have a good ending, it just felt slightly rushed, and there's a couple of things I would have liked to see more of

Or if I could just become certain fantasy characters, I envy Nimona with a burning passion. She gets to shapeshift while maintaining brain capacity, that’s just so fricking op.

Just now, AstrophelDragon said:

EXACTLY

Also I wish we had more of Raine. Bc I absolutely love them. If they ever made some sort of spin-off series I'd want it to be about Raine

(also I think it's time to change my pfp to Raine)

My favorite character was definitely Luz. She’s got such an admirable personality and overall (even if she’s literally the main character) I find her to be the best character there.

1 minute ago, HelloThere said:

She gets to shapeshift while maintaining brain capacity, that’s just so fricking op.

Oh shapeshifting. I haven't seen Nimona, but I love Alex Fierro.

3 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

My favorite character was definitely Luz. She’s got such an admirable personality and overall (even if she’s literally the main character) I find her to be the best character there.

Luz is so great. I love her too. I just happen to be biased towards the nonbinary character.

I also really like Amity. She is just...idk. She's just awesome

Just now, AstrophelDragon said:

I haven’t either but YouTube is very beneficial. 

1 minute ago, AstrophelDragon said:

I just found her to be the perfect chaotic neutral, and overall a fun character. Not to mention that I sense a sort of aroace vibe from her. After all there’s no obsession with anyone particularly, and plenty of chasing friendship and just acceptance. She just seems like a walking queer allegory, but is incredibly well written.

• Like 1

I definitely have this feeling a lot; usually when I'm hyperfixating really hard on something (it's been that damn barbie cowboy game for over two months now (RDR2)).

But I usually feel more like wanting to be in the story or in the universe when it's a piece of media with fantasy elements or takes place in a completely fantastical world. The Wolf Among Us for example, is a game with lot's of fantasy elements. It has a comic series called Fables, where the fables escaped their homelands when it was crumbling/being invaded and ended up in the Mundy world (our world) which hasn't been too kind to them either, and that the fables have to hide their identities from. But basically, all of the fairy-tales and fable stories we were told of are real in this universe. But the game, TWAU, is mainly about the character Bigby Wolf, who was a villain in the Homelands because he's the Big Bad Wolf. He became a Detective/Sheriff in the Mundy world when he was pardoned for his past actions and you navigate the game still trying to earn other fables' trust; he also kind of wanted to redeem himself, so he wasn't just put into an authoritative role despite being a past villain.

The game also has this grittiness, sense of survival, and noir style that, I feel, makes the story more "real." It's a good example of "modern fantasy" imo and so when I hyperfixate on it I can't help but think about inhabiting that world.

Edited by The Newest Fabled Creature