Anyone else really wish they could live in a certain fictional universe?

HelloThere

To be more specific, who here would freaking love to sorta BE one of the main characters in a story they've heard of? For me it's like, I'd BEG to be one of the main characters in The Owl House, just with a few tweaks in my story. 

• Like 1

I'd like to live in the Pokemon world... Free healthcare, lil guys to be your bestie, a society that's so communal and trustworthy that kids can wander off on their own and there's always someone to help them, and the only people trying to destroy the environment are so weak their plans can be thwarted by an 11yo and their very powerful cat. Granted, the transportation infrastructure is usually a nightmare for some reason, but everything else? Man sign me up

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

I'd like to live in the Pokemon world... Free healthcare, lil guys to be your bestie, a society that's so communal and trustworthy that kids can wander off on their own and there's always someone to help them, and the only people trying to destroy the environment are so weak their plans can be thwarted by an 11yo and their very powerful cat. Granted, the transportation infrastructure is usually a nightmare for some reason, but everything else? Man sign me up

I’d kill to live in the demon realm from the owl house. People can actually be free to be themselves there. They can use magic, and overall are rather peaceful in comparison to our world. Besides, it’s a beautiful place in its own incredibly strange way, but I’d BEG to get to live there.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

I’d kill to live in the demon realm from the owl house. People can actually be free to be themselves there. They can use magic, and overall are rather peaceful in comparison to our world. Besides, it’s a beautiful place in its own incredibly strange way, but I’d BEG to get to live there.

Wait, the demon realm? Ain't that show a Disney Channel thing? They let them say "demon realm" on Disney channel???

Just now, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

Wait, the demon realm? Ain't that show a Disney Channel thing? They let them say "demon realm" on Disney channel???

It’s actually surprisingly beautiful for its name. The Owl House actually was INCREDIBLY popular but due to other countries being a little… unaccepting of the brand, and that it sorta overshot its target audience age by like 1-2 years. But trust me the show was GLORIOUS, and I’d absolutely recommend it.

1 hour ago, HelloThere said:

It’s actually surprisingly beautiful for its name. The Owl House actually was INCREDIBLY popular but due to other countries being a little… unaccepting of the brand, and that it sorta overshot its target audience age by like 1-2 years. But trust me the show was GLORIOUS, and I’d absolutely recommend it.

Oh I mean I've heard it's a good show, I'm not into it myself but I have nothing against it. I'm just baffled they let them say "demon realm" on Disney Channel. They never would've let Alex Hirsch do that lmao

15 minutes ago, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

Oh I mean I've heard it's a good show, I'm not into it myself but I have nothing against it. I'm just baffled they let them say "demon realm" on Disney Channel. They never would've let Alex Hirsch do that lmao

They definitely bent some rules but it’s surprisingly mild as a show, I think that’s what made it work. Most loved it, and lots of Karen’s despised it for “indoctrinating their children”.

Oh this hits different. Riayin. A country on the planet Jai. It’s in a really good cosmic horror book called The Outside. I swear I have cried because I’m not able to live there instead of here. I have drawn pictures of Riayin and said to myself I have to go there.

21 minutes ago, Zariah said:

Berk from How To Train Your Dragon. I seriously want to live there and get a dragon. 

Oh my gosh, I loved that entire movie series with a BURNING passion.

1 hour ago, DragonWithAQuest said:

Oh this hits different. Riayin. A country on the planet Jai. It’s in a really good cosmic horror book called The Outside. I swear I have cried because I’m not able to live there instead of here. I have drawn pictures of Riayin and said to myself I have to go there.

My heart aches for the owl house. The whole story is just tearjerkingly beautiful. I love the characters, I love the storyline, all the representation, the world building, the ships, the character arcs, EVERYTHING.

18 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

Oh yeah, I remember grinding through all of the episodes of “Race to the Edge”.

Uh-huh! And then getting mad when there were plot twists that didn't make sense, but loving the show all the same because there were dragons and that was amazing xD

1 hour ago, Zariah said:

Uh-huh! And then getting mad when there were plot twists that didn't make sense, but loving the show all the same because there were dragons and that was amazing xD

It’s was absolutely beautiful, though I have to admit that I had a much stronger longing for the owl house universe. It just looked so much better, I’d be the first one to want to live in the demon realm, to even try to be friends with Luz and the rest of the gang. I just want to be Liz’s friend so fricking bad, that sounds amazing.

living in nichijous universe will def hit hard bc chaotic shit happens everyday and i get to witness all of em. saikis world is also neat since it censors nudity due to his powers. overall slice of life & comedy worlds would all be decent choices

5 minutes ago, Kira- said:

Make me wings of fire! Second choice it would be cool to live in an anime world.

Oh my gosh yes. Give me animus magic and let me live there. I actually know the route to not commit genocide, that place would be a breeze to live in, and it just sounds incredible.

Just now, HelloThere said:

Oh my gosh yes. Give me animus magic and let me live there. I actually know the route to not commit genocide, that place would be a breeze to live in, and it just sounds incredible.

I just make me a nightwing or a sandwing, or actually a dragon and I’m living me dream of being a dragon. 😇

A cool second choice would be the boiling isles.

6 minutes ago, Kira- said:

I just make me a nightwing or a sandwing, or actually a dragon and I’m living me dream of being a dragon. 😇

A cool second choice would be the boiling isles.

Between the two, the boiling isles sounds better, but I’d love both. The boiling isles has accessible magic, the inhabitants don’t all want to kill you, and generally the people are surprisingly nice for a name like “the demon realm”.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HelloThere said:

Between the two, the boiling isles sounds better, but I’d love both. The boiling isles has accessible magic, the inhabitants don’t all want to kill you, and generally the people are surprisingly nice for a name like “the demon realm”.

Agreed, but I’d still want to be a dragon, I just can’t pass that up.