Are you aroace or aroallo?

Aroace or aroallo  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do you identify as aromantic asexual or aromantic allosexual? This means any identity on the aromantic spectrum, the asexual spectrum, and the sexual spectrum.

Do you feel there are better terms and labels in place of the ones used in the poll? Let me know. Also feel free to reply with personal notes on your identity.

Edited by Picklethewickle

32 minutes ago, SwiftySpeedy said:

Seems like the majority including myself is Aroace.

Yeah, most so far. I mean I’ve heard that about 25% of aromantics are also asexual but meh, there’s not really a counted statistic on this stuff. After all both Asexuality and aromanticism have very little research.

I’m allo aro. Been fighting for allo aro rights for quite a few years now. There’s more of us than you’d think, but a lot of people either don’t realize their identities because no one’s ever told them about it, or don’t interact with the aro community due to frequent mistreatment. Though things have definitely come a long way from when I was a teenager!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HelloThere said:

Yeah, most so far. I mean I’ve heard that about 25% of aromantics are also asexual but meh, there’s not really a counted statistic on this stuff. After all both Asexuality and aromanticism have very little research.

Well according to the survey I did on 20 individuals from Arocalypse 60% of aromantics are also asexual. Look at the chart.Untitled.jpg.7dd61691005a6d6ed7f993e1d8dac676.jpg

and a more recent screenshot says that there are even more aroaces out there as well. image.png.e2d61c24fcad5cfe893ab1bf4932f89b.png

I knew that survey would be usefull.

I put aroace but in my daily life I say just aro, and only use ace if it is relevant to the conversation. I suppose one day I'll drop the ace label entirely but I am not there yet.

4 hours ago, HelloThere said:

I think this statistic is biaised because aroallos are less likely to discover aromanticism. I would not be surprised if the statistics was more something like 50/50.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SwiftySpeedy said:

Well according to the survey I did on 20 individuals from Arocalypse 60% of aromantics are also asexual. Look at the chart.Untitled.jpg.7dd61691005a6d6ed7f993e1d8dac676.jpg

and a more recent screenshot says that there are even more aroaces out there as well. image.png.e2d61c24fcad5cfe893ab1bf4932f89b.png

I know you mean well, but this doesn’t really say much about aromantics as a whole. A sample size of 20 people exclusively on Arocalypse isn’t enough to judge the whole community; “60% of aromantics are asexual” and “60% of users who happened to be active on a specific English-language internet forum in the spring of 2023 and willing to take a Google survey” are two very different statements. It’s fun to look at current trends among active Arocalypse users, but don’t let that be your only image of the aro community. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, nonmerci said:

I think this statistic is biaised because aroallos are less likely to discover aromanticism. I would not be surprised if the statistics was more something like 50/50.

I completely agree. I consider it sheer luck that I discovered that asexuality exists and it’s still pretty well known. I’m also even luckier to realize that was me. Even after that, it took a lot to figure out I’m not alloromantic and I probably never would have gotten there if I wasn’t ace too. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Apex said:

I'm... neither :v I'm neu aro and don't really label my sexuality

Oh never heard this term! I think it can fit me.

8 hours ago, Picklethewickle said:

That's cool. Do you think I should add something to the poll to include you?

I think that an option for people who don't label their sexual orientation would be nice indeed!