Songs written from an aromantic perspective

Guest MaJiKer

Guest MaJiKer

Hi everyone!

I'm a songwriter-producer and today I've released a new EP called Aromantic Anthems - 5 pop songs written from an aromantic perspective.

Think 80's power ballads, italo-disco and melodic Scandi-pop!

Please excuse the self promotion! But if you're curious, I'd be so thrilled if these songs resonated with any of you. 🎶

https://bfan.link/aromantic-anthems

Feel free to reach out here or on Instagram - I'm majiker_  (majiker then an underscore)

Warmth and light! 💚

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, Synthetic Adrenaline said:

I got quite a few 'Hey! I just wanted sex not a relationship!' songs too. Looking forward to listening to yours

Hey! I was wondering if you could share your songs, or let me know where to listen to your songs, since I'd like to check em' out!

Thank you so much! I've been trying to find as many songs that are aro-coded, or that the aro community resonates with, or were made by aro people, so that I could add them to a big playlist on Spotify to llsten to! And for any aros/aro-specs, or alloaces, or romance-diverse / amatonormative-aware alloroallos could listen to em', if they wanted to as well.

Edited by The Newest Fabled Creature
typo

Here we are. It's a series of songs I wrote to vent various turbulent emotions after I rejected someone. To cut a long story short...I wanted a bit of casual fun and he desperately wanted a serious relationship. I was honest with him many times but he escalated to saying I love you and talking about moving to be with me. NOPE. In hindsight I should have seen the signs but my lizard brain thought 'mmm deep voice and sharp cheekbones' and ignored the fact that he clearly wanted serious. I felt gloriously free afterwards but also very guilty for messing with someone's emotions.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLioSl7MsydvOmEPXzjSHAC-cVF4Us0A7E

Edited by Synthetic Adrenaline
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Synthetic Adrenaline said:

Here we are. It's a series of songs I wrote to vent various turbulent emotions after I rejected someone. To cut a long story short...I wanted a bit of casual fun and he desperately wanted a serious relationship. I was honest with him many times but he escalated to saying I love you and talking about moving to be with me. NOPE. In hindsight I should have seen the signs but my lizard brain thought 'mmm deep voice and sharp cheekbones' and ignored the fact that he clearly wanted serious. I felt gloriously free afterwards but also very guilty for messing with someone's emotions.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLioSl7MsydvOmEPXzjSHAC-cVF4Us0A7E

Oh no, that sounds like a tricky and exhausting situation. Despite all of the maybes, I think you did the best you could to convey that you just didn't want that type of relationship and couldn't feel the same way. Thank you for the playlist too! 

11 hours ago, The Newest Fabled Creature said:

Oh no, that sounds like a tricky and exhausting situation. Despite all of the maybes, I think you did the best you could to convey that you just didn't want that type of relationship and couldn't feel the same way. Thank you for the playlist too! 

I had to have so many talks with him about not moving to my country. The crunch came was when he was trying to be mushy and saying I love you after sexting and I was privately exploding with frustration because I wanted to go play some rapid chess. He just kept talking and talking about his feelings and I got more and more annoyed and just thinking can I PLEASE go now? That was the reality check I couldn't ignore.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Synthetic Adrenaline said:

I had to have so many talks with him about not moving to my country. The crunch came was when he was trying to be mushy and saying I love you after sexting and I was privately exploding with frustration because I wanted to go play some rapid chess. He just kept talking and talking about his feelings and I got more and more annoyed and just thinking can I PLEASE go now? That was the reality check I couldn't ignore.

That certainly sounds frustrating. Especially so when you try to tell the other that you can't feel the same or don't want anything serious, but then they start liking you like that anyway. I know that alloros can't control that I guess, but at least know that that's when you may have to stop if feelings start forming still.

1 hour ago, The Newest Fabled Creature said:

That certainly sounds frustrating. Especially so when you try to tell the other that you can't feel the same or don't want anything serious, but then they start liking you like that anyway. I know that alloros can't control that I guess, but at least know that that's when you may have to stop if feelings start forming still.

For sure. I joined this site largely because it was a place to meet people where I can be sure I don't have to worry that I'll end up in that situation again. We met in a dark humor group and I was stone cold honest about not wanting anything serious and he still kept saying I love you and mentioning that he was going to move to my country. I think possibly he deluded himself that I'd change for him.

1 hour ago, Synthetic Adrenaline said:

I was stone cold honest about not wanting anything serious and he still kept saying I love you and mentioning that he was going to move to my country. I think possibly he deluded himself that I'd change for him.

That sounds very concerning (him wanting to move to your country). And it could be that he did delusion himself into thinking that maybe you were playing "hard to get" or he had a "I can fix them" mentality; both equally infuriating ways of thinking when the person is dead serious.

Edited by The Newest Fabled Creature

10 minutes ago, The Newest Fabled Creature said:

That sounds very concerning (him wanting to move to your country). And it could be that he did delusion himself into thinking that maybe you were playing "hard to get" or he had a "I can fix them" mentality; both equally infuriating ways of thinking when the person is dead serious.

In his case I think he had this unrealistic idea in his head that a relationship would magically solve his depression. And then when I didn't want a serious relationship that was too painful to accept. Oh no! His antidepressant was getting away from him!

4 minutes ago, Synthetic Adrenaline said:

In his case I think he had this unrealistic idea in his head that a relationship would magically solve his depression. And then when I didn't want a serious relationship that was too painful to accept. Oh no! His antidepressant was getting away from him!

Yeah, it's kind of horrible that people are taught that relationships and especially those of the romantic kind are meant to solve your unhappiness, or are the answer to ~everything~

Oh, you're constantly sad and don't know the exact cause? Go find a partner!

You don't know what to do now hobby-wise, or you have spent all of your energy on so many interests? Time to try dating :D

And maybe, sometimes, finding a partner can help someone, but the toxic ideology that someone else's mere existence is supposed to remedy everything "wrong" with you is so horrible.

15 minutes ago, The Newest Fabled Creature said:

Yeah, it's kind of horrible that people are taught that relationships and especially those of the romantic kind are meant to solve your unhappiness, or are the answer to ~everything~

Oh, you're constantly sad and don't know the exact cause? Go find a partner!

You don't know what to do now hobby-wise, or you have spent all of your energy on so many interests? Time to try dating :D

And maybe, sometimes, finding a partner can help someone, but the toxic ideology that someone else's mere existence is supposed to remedy everything "wrong" with you is so horrible.

Especially as he had male friends but still considered himself extremely lonely. I know these were close friends because I heard clips of them casually singing together and producing harmonies. If you know who is the baritone and who is the tenor and you can just casually open your mouths and form a working male choir...you know each other pretty damn well. But society had shoved it down his throat that relationships were everything and his male friends were just chopped liver.

23 hours ago, Synthetic Adrenaline said:

Especially as he had male friends but still considered himself extremely lonely. I know these were close friends because I heard clips of them casually singing together and producing harmonies. If you know who is the baritone and who is the tenor and you can just casually open your mouths and form a working male choir...you know each other pretty damn well. But society had shoved it down his throat that relationships were everything and his male friends were just chopped liver.

Yeah, it utterly sucks. I'm not saying that someone shouldn't have a romantic partner, but when it comes to these situations where they're afraid of being alone, or if they aren't alone (like how that guy has close friends) but are scared of experiencing any amount of loneliness, that's when they actually need to be alone via having no romantic partner, for a while. Because it just goes to show that they don't know what to do with themselves when alone and have become so dependent on another human being (unless it was a situation where a person had to be dependent, but in this scenario that's not the case).

• Like 1