hi :) call me wybie

wybie

hi, I’m going to go by wybie on here (not my real name tho, it’s just a character from Coraline lol) 

nonbinary | they/he 

first time joining an aromantic forum so I’m excited to be here 

still figuring it out, but I’m somewhere on the aro spectrum. maybe lithromantic, Aegoromantic? my sexual orientation is…well I think I’m sexually attracted to multiple genders but have little interest in pursuing a sexual relationship. so maybe like orchidsexual? dunno 🤷🏻 

im currently in a relationship with my boyfriend but have realized my aromantic identity while dating him. so it’s been difficult and I’m kinda stuck. Im a softie, i don’t like breaking hearts. sigh

id like to one day be in a qpr because the idea of that seems pretty intriguing to me. I’ve never been in one tho so no idea what goes into that 

oh! I’m also autistic :) I’ll say a couple of my special interests:

nature, (marine) biology, paleontology, astrology, astronomy, pets (I’m a pet sitter), legos, toys in general, a bit of spirituality & self-development 

that’s all, k thanks bye! 

• Like 5

Hi wybie, welcome! I hope you didn't choose this nickname because of the reason his parents gave it to him >_< I love Coraline too, just adding myself to the pile!

On 11/25/2022 at 3:25 AM, wybie said:

still figuring it out, but I’m somewhere on the aro spectrum. maybe lithromantic, Aegoromantic? my sexual orientation is…well I think I’m sexually attracted to multiple genders but have little interest in pursuing a sexual relationship. so maybe like orchidsexual? dunno 🤷🏻 

I think we might have very similar discovery processes. I considered all three of these terms for myself, too; then I got tired and just settled on aroace, lol. I thought "this fits, I'll figure it out as I go". So don't sweat it—I don't know if you are, personally I was pretty stressed with discovering my identity so I hope it's a smooth process for you!

im currently in a relationship with my boyfriend but have realized my aromantic identity while dating him. so it’s been difficult and I’m kinda stuck. Im a softie, i don’t like breaking hearts. sigh

That sucks… But you have to think about your happiness too; I've been on your same side, I know it feels awful to break someone's heart, especially if you care about them very much, but if it's not working out, it's not working out. I hope you find it in yourself to break it off eventually, and I hope you can stay friends maybe :)

id like to one day be in a qpr because the idea of that seems pretty intriguing to me. I’ve never been in one tho so no idea what goes into that 

I get that, mee too. Good luck with that!

nature, (marine) biology, paleontology, astrology, astronomy, pets (I’m a pet sitter), legos, toys in general, a bit of spirituality & self-development 

And wow, you have such interesting interests (sorry for the repetition lol)! Btw, there's this really cool YT channel that made a bunch of really interesting videos about astronomy, Vsauce; you ever heard of it? They deal with all sorts of topics too, but they have a specific playlist called "Space"; you can check it out if you want.

I also love nature; I used to be way into astrology, natal charts and all; and although I consider myself an atheist, I'm very intrigued by spirituality, especially stuff like pantheism/omnideism. So if you want to nerd about any of these things I guess I'm your person!

Sorry for the lengthy reply; hope you have a pleasant time here! ^^

• Like 1

15 hours ago, I am a schwa said:
On 11/25/2022 at 7:25 AM, wybie said:

And wow, you have such interesting interests (sorry for the repetition lol)! Btw, there's this really cool YT channel that made a bunch of really interesting videos about astronomy, Vsauce; you ever heard of it? They deal with all sorts of topics too, but they have a specific playlist called "Space"; you can check it out if you want.

Yes, those are awfully interesting interests, I agree! Have you guys heard of the youtube channel, Kurzgesagt – In a Nutshell?
They have videos on a variety of topics, such as science (mainly physics, especially astronomy), nature, philosophy, history, and psychology! I like that channel.

15 hours ago, I am a schwa said:

I hope you didn't choose this nickname because of the reason his parents gave it to him >_<

Why did they name him that? Also, who here has read the novel on which Coraline is based?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Storm_leopardcat said:

Kurzgesagt – In a Nutshell?

Ooh I know that channel, it's so good!

48 minutes ago, Storm_leopardcat said:

Why did they name him that? Also, who here has read the novel on which Coraline is based?

Because they didn't want him, so "why be?", like "why does he exist" :((

I didn't read the novel, but I watched a video by abitfrank that explains what the differences between book and film are. Here it is if anyone wants to watch it: 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, I am a schwa said:

Because they didn't want him, so "why be?", like "why does he exist" :((

That is inredibly messed up- I knew that Coraline is way creepier and far, far darker in the novel, but this is just- YIKES!

15 minutes ago, I am a schwa said:

I didn't read the novel, but I watched a video by abitfrank that explains what the differences between book and film are. Here it is if anyone wants to watch it: 

Thank you for the video, it has intrigued (so have you!). I shall watch during a study break!