MY MOTHER IS PREGNANT!!!

Jeeperz_

Wow! My sister & I are twelve & a half years apart. Can't imagine 16 years apart! 

• Like 1

My mom and aunt are 17 years apart, and my aunt moved halfway across the country when my mom was still fairly young. They maintained a close relationship, so absolutely something you'll be able to do.

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2022 at 3:33 PM, DeltaAro said:

Wow that's a LOT.

My dad and my aunt are 17 years apart. But yeah, grandma had 5 children from 24 years old and her last at 41 years old.

My mom had me, her first, at 26. Had my youngest brother at 42. I was there when labor began. I'll never forget the moment she said her water just broke.

5 hours ago, Storm_leopardcat said:

Must be one heck of a tale to tell!

Well, there's really not a lot to it. It was late winter in 97. My mom was at her due date, and had a few false alarms. My step-father was on the road for his job, my youngest brother and sister were at grandma's I think, my oldest brother idk probably getting in trouble someplace. So it was just me and mom that night. We made a pot of spaghetti for supper. I made my plate and was leaning on the counter. Mom made hers and went to sit down. Before she even touched the seat she said "That felt weird!" I asked what is it, she said "my water just broke." How I didn't go into panic mode I don't know. Because I thought I was going to have to drive her to the hospital and I was very inexperienced with driving. In fact the last time I drove a car I steered it straight into a ditch. But no, she got in the truck and drove herself there and I rode along. It's a small town. The hospital is like a 5 minute drive away. Anyway we pull into the ER and ring the bell. As the nurses came up my mom said "It's for real this time!" and they took her away. I was led to the waiting room where I watched TV. A couple hours later my step father came in and took me home. The next morning I had a baby brother.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, The Gray Warlock said:

Well, there's really not a lot to it. It was late winter in 97. My mom was at her due date, and had a few false alarms. My step-father was on the road for his job, my youngest brother and sister were at grandma's I think, my oldest brother idk probably getting in trouble someplace. So it was just me and mom that night. We made a pot of spaghetti for supper. I made my plate and was leaning on the counter. Mom made hers and went to sit down. Before she even touched the seat she said "That felt weird!" I asked what is it, she said "my water just broke." How I didn't go into panic mode I don't know. Because I thought I was going to have to drive her to the hospital and I was very inexperienced with driving. In fact the last time I drove a car I steered it straight into a ditch. But no, she got in the truck and drove herself there and I rode along. It's a small town. The hospital is like a 5 minute drive away. Anyway we pull into the ER and ring the bell. As the nurses came up my mom said "It's for real this time!" and they took her away. I was led to the waiting room where I watched TV. A couple hours later my step father came in and took me home. The next morning I had a baby brother.

Well, that was a (rollercoaster) ride to read abut! Interesting, who named your brother?
Do your family members know about you being on the aromantic-spec, and any other GRSM categories that apply to you?

17 hours ago, Storm_leopardcat said:

Well, that was a (rollercoaster) ride to read abut! Interesting, who named your brother?
Do your family members know about you being on the aromantic-spec, and any other GRSM categories that apply to you?

His name is Robert. I don't remember whose idea it was. As for what my family knows about me, I've been meaning to talk about it, but it just hasn't been a priority.

• Like 1