Do any of you deal with anxiety?

AroAcedragon13

I deal with it every day and i just wanna talk about it and see if anyone else deals with stuff like this.So it's mostly social anxiety and it makes it really hard to talk to people without overthinking literally every single detail and that makes school hard because during group work i don't talk much and then the teacher makes a comment that gives me more anxiety.And then there's presentations, that is a guaranteed panic attack no matter what i always have one.I always end up shaking,sweating,heart rate increased and all that so it's quite miserable whenever i have one assigned.And sometimes i just wake up anxious for no reason and then it sticks with me all day,those days suck.Right now I've been doing homework for 6 hours just because my brain won't shut up with impossible scenarios about what will happen if i get a question wrong.I have a presentation tomorrow and i'm just tired of school.

• Like 6

I’m not diagnosed with anxiety, but yes I do get social anxiety. I honestly can’t make friends at my school because all it is basically dating and sex. I’m glad I made some friends before this whole craze happened. Anywho. I do feel similar stuff like you. (Not panic attack level. But still I feel that way) honestly, from someone who procrastinated throughout middle school I get those 6 hours after school doing assignments before the semester ends. I would just say power thru it. If you can’t at least take a break, meditate. Relax yourself so you feel much better. :) 

the best way in my opinion to overcome anxiety (not a psychologist or psychiatrist) is just try and relax before doing something. Before I talk to someone (face to face) I wait a day or a bit and relax myself so I feel better. 

those scenarios I get too. I think logistically and logically. I understand how those scenarios can be scary and impossible. Hell, ive had nights I stayed up past 3 thinking about whether I was actually aroace. (Now look at how I am lol) but ive also had nights past that time worrying about the future. its sometimes not worth worrying about everything, live life to the fullest.

sorry for the book. It’s just how I am when someone says something I have wanted to say yet don’t have the courage to, thank you :) this post makes me realize how much I enjoy this forum :)

Edited by ArrowAce
  • Like 4

YYYEEESSS!!! Anxiety sucks so much! Mine isn't social anxiety, more like frequent anxiety attacks about all kinds of random stuff. I can relate to quite a bit of what you're describing. Sorry to hear that you're dealing with that too.

• Like 3

not anymore, but I used to deal with some OCD that decided to say hi 

Everything is kinda a blur, but I do remember that when I got up in the morning there would be about a minute of my brain rebooting?

and I would be slightly sleepy cause I just woke up. I used to love that minute of quietness during my worst periods of having OCD.

After the minute ended all these thoughts would just keep on flooding in for the rest of the day and I'll be revolving around those thoughts even though I know its irrational but I just couldn't fight it. 

I've gotten rid of nearly all of my 'rituals', but I still don't step on certain patterns on brick paths. it's not much of a problem but I'm going to try to fix it.

Edited by alien
  • Like 3

Yes, I do deal with anxiety though it was worse when I was a teen. I had severe social anxiety back then (most people made me afraid just by knowing they are there), while nowadays I can function without going into "flight mode". I kind of beat my anxiety when I confronted myself again and again and again with certain situations. It definitely wasn't easy and even now, not everything of it is completely gone.
I can be quite social, actually (when I want to be). I'm also prone to overthinking and I always hated to do oral presentations *urgh*. You are all not alone.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I have a presentation in less than a week its not even assigned yet and I'm fucking terrified.Last week people had presentations and I was scared even before then.I just keep thinking about all the presentations I did last year and how bad it was.I just remember shaking so bad and all that other shit.I really don't want to do it but it's worth like 15% or so of my grade.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I am not diagnosed but it's statistically a fact that 50% of people with ADHD are often also diagnosed with Anxiety. though I've had a few times that it has acted out. I even have anxious habits too. so- here I am-

• 8 months later...
On 12/9/2023 at 12:53 AM, smac n cheese said:

I used to get social anxiety attacks all the time and I was the friendless quiet loner of my grade 😭😭😭

😢

You said it got better, so I hope you found friends now. It must've been really bad. Like "Komi Can't Communicate" bad?

Personally, I never had serious social anxiety because I guess I just don't care about other people that much. But in some social situations I feel so uncomfortable and irritated that I can't help but think "I've gotta get outta here" and go way abruptly, which comes off as rather rude. 🙈

I totally get you. Dealing with social anxiety is a daily hustle. Group work and presentations? The struggle is real. Those "what-ifs" can be exhausting. Just know you're not alone. We're here to chat, share, and support. Here, you can find cannabis and arthritis, and other illnesses. School can be tough, but so are you!

Edited by LanaMccormick

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah i understand I also have social anxiety and it makes it difficult in groups because i usually don't talk alot and also overthink alot and that also makes math difficult because I have some past experiences with math and it makes me have high anxiety levels during class and making it difficult to learn im trying to get it under control but it's difficult.