Sims 4 positive aro/Ace representation!

They've added aro ace stuff to the sims!

Basically, they've added the ability to make your sim not date or do the sex. I don't know if they have been labled as aromantic and asexual but there still there. They've also added the split attraction thing! Sex is no longer in the romance tab ect. 

It's kinda worrying that this is he best aro/ace representation I've seen in a while lol.

• Like 7

It's still very simplified (because of both being a spectrum), but better this way. I had enough of seeing the comments from alloallo people saying "you can just imagine they're aro or ace!!!". Like, no, it's totally different thing and breaks the immersion if you have to still think about it instead of making it real. Also, it's like, you want to watch something in the language you're learning and the subtitles are from different series/movie (sorry if my comparision makes no sense).

• Like 1

Someone posted about here and when ghey made the annoncement, they use the words aro and ace and even speak specifically about alloaros. It's Nice that they had it (I don't know if I'll use it as I have a mod that is more precise, even have grey identities, but recognition is always great).

2 hours ago, Rony said:

It's still very simplified (because of both being a spectrum), but better this way. I had enough of seeing the comments from alloallo people saying "you can just imagine they're aro or ace!!!". Like, no, it's totally different thing and breaks the immersion if you have to still think about it instead of making it real. Also, it's like, you want to watch something in the language you're learning and the subtitles are from different series/movie (sorry if my comparision makes no sense).

Yeah I agree it's not the same. I have a npc that I headcannoned as aro and when I was not looking, the guy gets married.

Also it's annoying to have the sims desire to date or kiss someone, or just getting flirty, when you don't want to.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, nonmerci said:

Also it's annoying to have the sims desire to date or kiss someone, or just getting flirty, when you don't want to.

yeah, I think this is the problem I have with the 'you can just imagine' idea. You can, but from what I remember about the series, you couldn't control the desires your sim has, so at some point they will have a desire to kiss someone and I suppose its quite hard to imagine a character not being interested in something the game is telling you they are interested in (and offering you a reward for engaging in that interest)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roboticanary said:

you couldn't control the desires your sim has

Before I stopped playing, you could just to deny something or lock but if I remember it well, there were desires that you simply couldn't ignore and it was so annoying because it was still appearing back after denying to realize them.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Rony said:

Before I stopped playing, you could just to deny something or lock but if I remember it well, there were desires that you simply couldn't ignore and it was so annoying because it was still appearing back after denying to realize them.

yep, i remember that. I also remember the random thoughts that would pop up into your sims head. Like my character was thinking about romance while what i want them to think about is bringing as many townspeople as i can over for a party and trapping them in a swimming pool. Or making megabucks by working  team of artists to despair in my basement. Get with the game plan little sim.

• Haha 1

In the Sims 3 I think you could have your sim be "unflirty". They could still fall in love but there was more resistance. So if I wanted to make an aro sim back then I'd probably used that. But I always wanted my Sims to be very flirty so they could easily make babies.