How many sub-forums should we have?

Blue Phoenix Ace

How many sub-forums should we have?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

it shouldn't be a matter on how many we have but rather which ones would be usefull to have?

here is some I came up with. 

1: introduction of new members

2: rules an other practical stuff

3 aromantism in general: identities, coming out, etc.

4: aromantism and relationship (both include romantic and non  romantic, qpr and so on)

5: aromantic awareness: (post articals, news etc on aromantic. (this does not nessesarry has to be a subforum at first it could be a newsfeed on the site)

6: off topic

I agree with NatKat- although I think it's important to make sure the number of forums isn't too large or too small, it's probably more useful to talk about which forums are the ones we need or would be able to use.  I think Nat's list is a good start and would probably have been roughly what I would have chosen, plus maybe a forum for sexuality/gender (since there are aro people of all sexualities and genders, and it can be interesting to see how those identities interact).

I like all these ideas, but I don't think we should have too many. It could get a little confusing or overwhelming. But somewhere around 5-10 seems like a good number.

I think there could be more than the options I have mentioned above. However I think it would be best for a start, when the forum is still small and dont have so many members to just make the basic. then as the forum grows it will also be more easy to see which topics or sub-forums there would be a need for, and they could be created as time goes. 

I would agree that definitely under 10 would be the best way to start.  These are all good ideas for forums though, so whatever ones don't get used might want to be kept in mind for if/when the fourms expand enough that we need more.

Hmm, I know I have posted this in another thread, but posting it here again

• Welcome Area
  • Aromantic Relationships
  • General Aromanticism
  • The Grey Area
  • Anything Goes
  • Site

Basically what we have so far seems fine, but if there's going to be larger crowds, i'd probably suggest adding in a Misc. sub forum eventually for all the not so serious stuff (sorta like the JFF/Arcade subs on AVEN)

edit: I just looked at the forums and noticed there is already a Misc section already. Never mind me.

Maybe just a rantings section (similar to AVEN's but a bit more focused on rants)? Like just general rants about society's expectations of romantic relationships, about how invisible aromantics are etc... A place to blow off steam, really.

(I'm kind of a bitter person honestly and love a good ranting, so)

Thank you all for the suggestions. Some suggestions that I haven't added (yet):

• Sex Talk
  • Intersectionality
  • Asexual and/or Allosexual forums
  • Ranting

I'll save this for future reference, and what I'll do is if it looks like there's too much going on in a particular forum, or there seems to be a lot of interest on a particular topic, then I can create a new forum at that time.

Archived