Good Teachers?

roboticanary

well bad teacher stories seems to have interested people, so I thought I would throw out the other side. Anyone got any good teacher stories.

My favourite was a chemistry teacher of mine I had for A levels (16-18). He let people bring in cake if some celebration was happening with the rule that as long as he got a bit he would keep quiet about eating food in the science rooms.

Also I had a primary school teacher who was just a good laugh to be around. I remember her teaching an english class wearing what we all called the 'punk rocker wig' A very bright, gaudy costume wig some kid found at the back of the classroom.

• Like 2

So, I went to a gymnasium (highschool-equivalent) specifically for aspie students and the curriculum was adapted. Me and two other students wanted to be eligible for higher level university educations than we were given with the standard curriculum. One of my teachers actually delayed his retirement specifically to teach the three of us higher level math than the school otherwise offered! He really came through for us and I will always appreciate it.

• Like 4

When I had my first psychotic episode, my sixth grade teacher heard what had happened and decided to homeschool me herself.  I was barely capable of lifting a paperclip at that time, much less completing a conventional high school curriculum.  So she simplified it for me.  She also set off a corner of her yard where I could go for breaks.  She revamped the whole friggin teacher's lounge into a classroom for me.

So yeah.  The woman is a saint.

• Like 4

Both of my current A-Level physics tecahers are really nice people! They care about the subject, and they clearly care about us. It's a tad bit of a shame that one of them won't be able to teach year 2 physics, becauss she's pregnant and will be having her second child with her wife very shortly. I also really appreciate my german teacher, who stood as a fill in for my actual german teacher for two years (the actual teacher was on maternity leave, on both times) since we had a really great rapport, where I could banter with her in lessons. At times, it felt like she was the only staff member who cared about me and my health

• Like 3

My 7th grade civics teacher/7th and 8th grade MUN teacher- he’s actively the coolest guy I’ve ever met, he was the biggest ally ever and just all around the greatest. The first adult I’ve ever come out to also!!

• Like 3

When I was 16, my art teacher (who was also my mentor) made me realise I loved to teach and who made my parents realise that you can actually get a ‘proper job’ in the art department 😅

When I was 10 I had a teacher that is still a favourite person of mine, she sings in the same choir as my mom so I see her sometimes :) She is a very warm person who encouraged my drawing skills (instead of telling me to not draw on everything) and read us stories in such an engaging way that even the rowdiest boys were hanging on every word.

• Like 3

another story I remember was an RE teacher I had.

religious education, at catholic school, and he had a problem.

You see, what he had planned was to stage a traditional catholic wedding. choose people to play all the parts, priest, bride, groom etc and go through what happens and why each bit happens as it does.

and none of the girls in the class volunteered.

now i thought he would maybe call it off or pressure a few of the girls into volunteering. but to the guy's credit he just went along with it. I got to be the bride's mother, it was a great laugh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

My elementary school librarian was soooo nice! She also ran the book club and it was fun but then when COVID hit and everyone went online she still continued the book club after we finished the book she knew how much I liked the it so she got me the second one in the series to keep.Also I really liked my 6th grade science teacher she was really funny and really nice she came up with songs and danced and did lots of different activities and one time she accidentally blew up a really old projector it was smoking but it was really funny.And last but certainly not least my junior-senior high librarian he has always been really nice to me and he helped me a lot with one of my last projects for this year. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My history A-level teacher was very supportive. I moved to England two years ago. I just broke my language barier, I didn't write in English and I had hard time sometimes hard time understanding what people were saying because of the accent. But I still when to sixth form to pass a-level in two years. I was determined to do it but it was hard and I had troubles to ask teachers for help remembering my bad teachers experiences. So I was surprised that she came to me offering help with writing an essay with which I had the most problems. We decided that I will write on computer in polish and than I will have additional 5 minutes after writing the essay to translate it. It helped a lot and good grade from the first essay on the computer returned my confidence and determination. On my recent a-levels I was able to write whole exam without the computer 🙂

• Like 2