Hello all!

Gökotta

I'm Ira, in my 20s, from the United States. Pretty happy to be here since I've identified as aspec for a while, but only recently realised that I'm probably some kind of aromantic too and felt immediately relieved about a bunch of things in my personal life.

Getting into the details, I'd call myself an oriented aroace. I have a strong sensual and aesthetic attraction to other guys, which usually manifests in a ferocious urge to commit their most appealing qualities to paper. I'd say my asexual attraction most closely aligns with autochorissexuality (or aegosexuality, although my former Latin student brain throws a fit when I try to call it that). I've had exactly one relationship that didn't turn out so well, but thankfully, my ex-partner and I have remained close friends after a lot of work.

I think that's it. You may be wondering what my username means. "Gökotta" is a Swedish word meaning "the act of rising in the early morning to watch the birds or appreciate nature." I'm neither Swedish, nor have I been an early riser in quite some time, so I'm not sure why I picked that when I signed up, but there you go. Anyway, I look forward to getting to know all of you!

1 hour ago, Holmbo said:

Hej! Thanks for the reference to my home land. Hope you'll like it here in the forums.

Thank you! I've dabbled in learning your language before — it's quite beautiful — but the pitch accent is very difficult for someone who hasn't grown up with it haha.

• Like 1