Jump to content

Looking for topics to talk aro/ace/trans related


Blake
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone, so I started a facebook page to raise awareness of different identities that are not heard about as much. This includes a-spec issues and trans issues, and I want to do it in spanish since there are resources mainly in english and I wanted to help fix that for non-english speakers. I am looking for themes to talk about and since I am doing a schedule to organize myself, I would love feedback of themes/issues or anything that non a-spec people or people outside the trans umbrella should know to be a better ally (if that would be possible).

Let me know in this thread and I will note it down and include it in the calendar. I will be looking for information in the internet, but who better to know that actual people who experience these issues? So yeah, hopefully the page will serve as a resource for people. The name in case anyone wants to follow it is "Como ser un buen aliade" (How to be a good ally) and ally is in gender neutral form in spanish.

Thank! in advance :3

In case anyone wants to dm me here to suggest a theme or anything, go right ahead.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi! So, to start, you could talk about what it is to be trans, what does it mean to be non-binary, talking about intersexuality and dysphoria, some tips to pass (for trans people, obv), posts about neopronouns and how do we use them...

And, other thing, in the phrase "cómo ser un buen aliade", the correct way of typing it is "cómo ser une buene aliade", since the adjectives and the determinants in spanish also have gender.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, I chose to not gender the adjectives and determinants as to not overwhelm people and do it more "friendly" and "digestible". Didn't want to scare people and give bad perspective only by reading the name. However, I will consider changing it later (when I have some people xD cuz i am starting) if I am met with positivity (one can only wish in fb).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Talking about amatonomativity (what it means, examples, etc.) , other aspec labels (grey- demi- lithro- apath- and a whole lot more), and fluidity between both gender and orientation could be good things to mention. You also may want to explain queerplatonic relationships.

I know pretty much nothing about Spanish, but I'm wondering something- because spanish has feminine and masculine words, what do people do when referencing non-binary people? /gen

Best of luck with this! Hope this is helpful!
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pyr said:

I know pretty much nothing about Spanish, but I'm wondering something- because spanish has feminine and masculine words, what do people do when referencing non-binary people?

The feminine words end up in -a, masculine words end up in -o, so for non binary people we use the termination -e.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You could include the split attraction model and different kinds of attraction? I feel like that's something that allos could relate to but may have never really thought about before. Also how attraction does not equal action, and who you have sex/relationships with does not invalidate your identity!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, such said:

You could include the split attraction model and different kinds of attraction? I feel like that's something that allos could relate to but may have never really thought about before. Also how attraction does not equal action, and who you have sex/relationships with does not invalidate your identity!

I have it already in schedule ^^ thanks and if anyone else wants to add, i am making the list on an excel file to not get lost

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can talk about what dating is like as an aro, prejudice we face, and stuff like that.  You could also talk about prejudice ace people face, in the dating realm and outside of it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another thing to add would be a brief overview of what organisations are already around. So for example what are the main movements already going who are pushing for trans rights. 

Also what good options are there to direct people to if they are trans or know someone who might be, e.g. anonymous helplines.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/16/2021 at 3:08 PM, roboticanary said:

Another thing to add would be a brief overview of what organisations are already around. So for example what are the main movements already going who are pushing for trans rights. 

Also what good options are there to direct people to if they are trans or know someone who might be, e.g. anonymous helplines.

Thanks, will do. First I was researching those organizations and if there would be help in spanish. I will give it for english for sure, but if I could add spanish and know that I can help more people, it would mean more for me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Blake said:

I will give it for english for sure, but if I could add spanish and know that I can help more people, it would mean more for me.

That would be a great idea. There must be some spanish organisations, certainly for trans issues, which would be really helpful for people.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 12/9/2021 at 12:26 PM, Blake said:

Hello everyone, so I started a facebook page to raise awareness of different identities that are not heard about as much. This includes a-spec issues and trans issues, and I want to do it in spanish since there are resources mainly in english and I wanted to help fix that for non-english speakers. I am looking for themes to talk about and since I am doing a schedule to organize myself, I would love feedback of themes/issues or anything that non a-spec people or people outside the trans umbrella should know to be a better ally (if that would be possible).

Let me know in this thread and I will note it down and include it in the calendar. I will be looking for information in the internet, but who better to know that actual people who experience these issues? So yeah, hopefully the page will serve as a resource for people. The name in case anyone wants to follow it is "Como ser un buen aliade" (How to be a good ally) and ally is in gender neutral form in spanish.

Thank! in advance :3

In case anyone wants to dm me here to suggest a theme or anything, go right ahead.

dont forget about ze intersex

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...