Best aro pride animal

mewix

Best aro pride animal  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think we can have multiple aro animals, there are so many types of aros out there, and so many good ideas in this thread!

Personally I like cats as the aro animal, but I'm biased as a cat owner who's had cats my entire life. I admire how they will only socialize on their own terms, both with humans as well as other cats. Plus a lot of the cats I've owned really value their alone time in one way or another. As a bonus, currently both of my cats have beautiful green eyes!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dewy said:

Personally I like cats as the aro animal, but I'm biased as a cat owner who's had cats my entire life.

I love cats, too. I've rarely seen house cats used as aro pride animal, though. More felines in the broad sense because the tiger is well-established.

aromantic-tiger-in-space-aromantic-pride-womens-v-neck-t-shirt.jpg.207b6dff642b0cc7e4a8ff6aef701abd.jpg

Source: Queerappear

PS: why does this tiger not need a space helmet? 😄

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DeltaAro said:

I love cats, too. I've rarely seen house cats used as aro pride animal, though. More felines in the broad sense because the tiger is well-established.

aromantic-tiger-in-space-aromantic-pride-womens-v-neck-t-shirt.jpg.207b6dff642b0cc7e4a8ff6aef701abd.jpg

Source: Queerappear

PS: why does this tiger not need a space helmet? 😄

Oh, I didn't know about the tiger, how cute. I think tigers are an awesome aro animal. Thanks for sharing!

• 3 weeks later...

Agree on cats, especially considering cats, just like aros, are often injustly stereotyped as indifferent while in reality they just have differently-working affections and value themselves as they are. I have always been a cat person, and stories that oppose "bad" cats to "good" dogs just because a cat's love isn't the excited star-eyed worship that dogs do always upset me. Let's give justice for cats and justice for aros! 

Who mentioned green birds, cool idea too! I would probably avoid taking any songbirds (strong romantic connotation), but birds like green parrots, hummingbirds and whatever are fair game. Interesting you mention toracos: in a way, they are the greenest bird🙂 What I mean, I read that unlike other bright green birds they have a special pigment in their feathers instead of a special light-reflecting structure, so unlike those other birds they stay bright green when wet, while others dull 🙂

Edited by Ekaterina
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, organs and bone said:

cows, sorta? 

Sure milk > romance. But, cows don't exactly paint a independent nor aromantic image to one's mind. Cows can be quite friendly and inquisitive, so I see them more for QPR and youthfulness.

Edited by SkyTuneRein
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SkyTuneRein said:

milk > romance. But, cows don't exactly paint an independent nor aromantic image to one's mind. Cows can be quite friendly and inquisitive, so I see them more for QPR and youthfulness.

yeah :) there’s a podcast (aroace +bi-demi people) and now the unofficial mascot is cows. They have really cute aro cow stickers 

https://www.soundsfakepod.com/shop/take-good-care-of-your-cows-sticker

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would say squirrels are aromantic because male squirrels always abandon the female, and squirrels are solitary, they are animals of aro pride. 

20240219_174243_mfnr.jpg.fb4998e36738dac05bf62ccdc7618554.jpg.f95c5f1a65ae6ef35b4b5d3706c13f6e.jpg

Squirrel perfect aro animal 

7 hours ago, Leistorm said:
7 hours ago, Leistorm said:

Dragons. If I could draw, I'd draw a dragon with the aro or aroace flags.

Enserious?