Rate the song above

HappyBunny

Just like on AVEN, you provide a song, usually video a youtube video and the person below rates it on a scale from 1-10 and why they rated it the number they gave it ^_^

Sorry its so big...i dont know how to make it smaller

1 hour ago, HappyBunny said:

I see no way to resize embeddings... if the size doesn't satisfy you, choose to display the embedding as a link instead.

Ryan's voice sounds powerful (it's about the first time I've heard him so I don't know him well) but it shouldn't have been modified electronically and the song didn't let him realize his full potential, so I rate the recording 4/10. sorry.

Now here's 'Still Loving You' - the most romantic song (I think) on my playlist. I keep it there just because Sonata Arctica are the demigods of power metal. Beware, the cover is much faster than Scorpions' original (which is way too slow for me)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgpJPJ7MAZ0

5 hours ago, HappyBunny said:

4 hours ago, aroMa(n)tisse said:

I see no way to resize embeddings... if the size doesn't satisfy you, choose to display the embedding as a link instead.

Or you could put it in a spoiler. Also, I don't really like how multiquotes work on this site :|

Anyway, to the song. It has a nice intro. I was expecting a build up which would lead to distorted guitars (I have listened to my fair share of metal in my early teenage years). I feel as though the transition to the distorted guitars could have been better. I don't feel like there is anything particularly special about this song, but it is a good, well-written song nonetheless.

And here's an alternate version with distorted guitar. This alternate version is how it is played live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5-Pkn96PZY

21 minutes ago, Zemaddog said:

I feel as though the transition to the distorted guitars could have been better.

Very true. It was too rough.

What you posted is 6/10 (the version with distorted guitars is 8/10).

My turn:

Spoiler

Not really my style, but still enjoyable. I was expecting a bigger climax for the last chorus, but it's not really that important. Overall, there was nothing particularly bad about it but as I said before: it's not really my style but still enjoyable.

Time for me to show you something which is... different to say the least. Just a warning: there's a bit of swearing around just after the 4 minute mark.

19 hours ago, Zemaddog said:

Time for me to show you something which is... different to say the least. Just a warning: there's a bit of swearing around just after the 4 minute mark.

Due to featuring a breakdown (at 4:21-5:21), this is a bit more entertaining than the record version of 'Logic Gatekeeper'. 7/10.

Now get ready for multigenre shenanigans ^_^

'pointers' by The Algorithm from their new album 'Brute Force'

@Ugh... You're actually not the first one who's shown me Snarky Puppy's insane technical skills (especially those of the drummer)... It feels merely like 8/10 to me just because I have a perverted musical taste and would like a band to include a downtuned shovel or [explicit language warning] hockey stick but I understand that Snarky might as well be 10/10 within its genre.

You and @Zemaddog have set the music quality bar so high that I'm giving up and posting a jocular song instead :P

Spoiler

@aroMa(n)tisse haha litterally everyone in my college department knows and worship Snarky Puppy xD

I'd give this a 6/10 for the originality of the music itself, but the lyrics push it to a fine 8/10! (just because geometric: 8 is more symmetrical)

On a more humorous tone, here's some mr bungle! (just because I can)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RBSrUtX0bA

Edit: omg the shovel and the hockey stick made my day!!!

@DannyFenton123 I'm not really into ballads but it's definitely Mumford and Sons. Comforting lyrics are nice and I prefer the bits where the pace picks up and there's more acoustic. I must say Mumford and Sons don't have the greatest range when it comes to how their songs differ but still a nice sound. Overall 6/10 so alright (5/10 is neutral).

Now feast your ears on this!

Spoiler

@Louis Hypo Beat is good! It's repetitive though. Also, thumbs up for bringing back a video that freaked me to death during my childhood!
7/10? maybe 8... not sure.

Anyway, here's an other videoclip that freaked me as a child (but ended up being my all time favorite prog band)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-sqciw2wnE

40 minutes ago, Ugh... said:

Anyway, here's an other videoclip that freaked me as a child (but ended up being my all time favorite prog band)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-sqciw2wnE

Hmm, the riff is quite catchy! The song must be 10/10 live but, disregarding the thrilling visual narrative of the official video (their stage effects are also great, as seen in live videos), the album version is only 8/10 as it's mixed poorly (well, I'm tone-deaf but it's still noticeable to me that the mids are scooped too much and the vocals are drowned in the drums). It's a pity that 'Stinkfist' didn't make it to the 'Salival' box set that was produced much better.

Kingston Wall - Shine On Me

RIP Petri Walli :(

I really liked the beat and the bassline. But the vocals were just awful. Too high pitched and whiny. If the vocals weren't there this would have been pretty good in my opinion.

This song isn't on youtube for some strange reason, so I've put the soundcloud link for it instead.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw this on reedit last week and I actually really like the tempo and instrumentation so... a 6/10 which is technically a good score.

Hopefully this won't kill the thread again.

Spoiler

This is my best friend's favourite song btw

Archived