Aspec Minecraft Server (Up and running!)

I often wonder about ways for the aro and ace communities to meet up when it feels like we're so few and far between. Tonight, an idea popped into my head. What if we created an aspec minecraft server! I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to Minecraft, so I don't know if I would be confident in making and/or managing such a server. But I do know that Minecraft is really popular, therefore it'd be a great meeting place where we can create a virtual community ?

It would be a place where Aspecs can create together, chat about literally anything, and it's a great way to showcase your personality in a fun laid back environment. Ideally, this would be a server that's open 24/7 so that aspecs all around the world can visit as they please. This is all I've got for now. I'm curious to see what y'all think! 

Edit: 

Server name: Aspec Server (Actually I think u can call it whatever u want)

server address: 66.70.246.93:25626

Edited by Emerald Cheetah
  • Like 2

Ohh I love this idea, I play Java personally. I’m kinda bad at Minecraft ngl, but it’s so much fun to play with people, and a server would be really nice for those of us who can’t meet irl or do the Google Meets, y’know?

• Like 2

I probably should've asked if y'all prefer java or windows 10, but I just went ahead and created a server on java since, from my experience, most people tend to have that more than windows 10. It's not public yet, because I have to create a rules board, and also figure out a way to make it public (I have an idea), and a bunch of other reasons. Buuuut, it might go up in a few days if I completely devote myself to it. I'm currently a college student on summer break, so I'll be pretty busy once the school year starts, but right now my time is quite free ?

• Like 2

Currently making the rule board. I don't want to forget anything important ?

Any rules that y'all think I should add? Or any rules I have up here that I should modify? 

Screenshot (43).png

ehhhhh
  • Like 3

It’s looking pretty good so far!!! I like the “don’t take others’ stuff” rule, maybe extend that to general griefing? Like no destruction of others’ property/buildings and such?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gabriel14 said:

It’s looking pretty good so far!!! I like the “don’t take others’ stuff” rule, maybe extend that to general griefing? Like no destruction of others’ property/buildings and such?

Oh okay! I'll extend the rule! omg, I just took forever writing a response because I thought u said "I don't like that rule" omg omg my eyes are failing meeee

I MISREAD BIG TIME LOLLLL
  • Like 1

The server is up and running officially and it's open to the public ☺️ 

It's currently 1 a.m, so I'm definitely going to bed after posting this. But, anybody, please tell me if u can join while I have my laptop closed. In the end, I could not find a reliable free way to keep it running 24/7 and be sure that it wouldn't lag. So, instead, I decided to pay for Shockbyte which should work while I'm not on my laptop. 

If you wish to add the server to your server list

The current name (might change it when I wake up) is: Aspec Server

IP address: 66.70.246.93:25626

If u don't care about adding the server, then u can just directly connect without the server name. To those who haven't read the previous messages, this server is running on Minecraft java. Sorry to anyone who only has windows 10 or some other version ? 

• Like 2

• Emerald Cheetah changed the title to Aspec Minecraft Server (Up and running!)
  • 3 weeks later...

On 7/9/2021 at 1:13 PM, Gabriel14 said:

Oh this is so exciting!! I’ll add it to my server list later today when I get on my laptop, thank you for setting this up for us!!!!

So when I said this I accidentally lied lol, I put in the wrong IP and then just. Didn't try again for some reason? But I finally got on for a few minutes tonight (not that lont, I have hw) and omgs everyone's builds are so so cool I love it so much

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gabriel14 said:

So when I said this I accidentally lied lol, I put in the wrong IP and then just. Didn't try again for some reason? But I finally got on for a few minutes tonight (not that lont, I have hw) and omgs everyone's builds are so so cool I love it so much

XD that's okay, it's a long string of numbers and easy to mess up. Is your username buysomecheese??? Also thank u! I'm glad the server is seeing some life :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...