Hello :)

Acecream

Hello :)

I’m an 21 old aroace female. I sign up to the english Aven maybe a week ago and I decided that it’s time for me to sign up here too, bc I feel like my aromantic identity affects by a lot who I am and even affects my asexuality (it wouldn’t be the same without being aromantic)

i even feel like it’s harder for allos to understand aromantic than asexuality (it was harder for me too)

So I’d wish to connect somehow into the aromantic community too share some aspects of my own aromantic life and to learn from others and about the community and just to have a place where I can be who I am and meet others who are like me :)

do we have the same “cake-culture” as Aces or are there some other symbols we use?

• Like 3

Hey there ^^ welcome and may you have a great time here. Yeah, allos sometimes have a hard time conceptualizing the meanings of ace and aro identities. I had a hard time too, discovering things about me and putting them names and looking the answers of why I felt or didn't felt things. Hope you can connect with lots of people and as far as cake-culture, I would say that it is a shared trait here ^^ (personally for me is cake/ key lime pie). As far as symbols, if you are looking for aro pride symbols to wear, a white ring in left middle finger is something aros do. The colors green I think aro a symbol too, and dragons (just like aces) ^^. Have a great existence

• Like 2

Hello and welcome! I love your username :)

AVEN brought me here as well, and I can totally relate to how being aromantic influences asexuality and can make things more challenging to talk about in only asexual/acespec spaces. Regarding aro culture, I really like the ? emoji (I use it to mean non-romantic love / positive aro vibes) and the phrase "no-romo" which is just cute. Aside from those, I think that the community is so new that we all can actively create the culture as we go. So if you can think of good things to add to aro culture, there's nothing stopping you from doing that!

I hope you find some good community here, and feel free to reach out if you want!

• Like 3

hello!! ^^ i love your username lol. everyone here is really welcoming, im kinda new here, i joined a bit ago hehe. i really like using ? emoji and thats preetty much it. i dont really know anything else because i am ridiculously new at everything and still kinda learning about the community and the culture stuff. so, other responses kinda help me too haha..

anyways, welcome!

• Like 1

Hey you all! Thank you for the warm welcome.

well, icecream and cake... I think I have the best combination then;) the ? is already my favourite heart as green is my favourite colour^^ so there is a reason more to use it (honestly I was very happy after I discovered that the aro flag is green haha)

i am curious about what awaits me in this forum.