HELP OMG

so someone told me im experiencing sensual attraction but idk if it is? whenever i hear the voice of one of my "crushes" it sorta gives me a nice feeling but sometimes other voices are just super cool to listen to and give me a "turning on" type of feeling tbh at least thats what it feels like :/ 

my "crush" is on my head 24/7 i cant stop thinking about them they are so cool and fun but its like not that obsessive as other people like i dont think i want or need a body pillow of him or need to look into his interests so idk

• Like 3

Hey, I guess I don't follow. What do you mean by voices?

Perhaps when you mean "looking at your crush" you mean you like the way the look and the way they think, perhaps?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, aceisactuallyaro said:

whenever i hear the voice of one of my "crushes" it sorta gives me a nice feeling but sometimes other voices are just super cool to listen to and give me a "turning on" type of feeling tbh at least thats what it feels like :/ 

Hello friend! I thought I was the only one who was attracted by a voice as I have been pinging around different forums and no-one has said 'me too'. Well, I'm here to tell you, Me Too!!!! ?

So sensual attraction is just a type of attraction to something that is experienced through senses other than sight (that gets its own word, normally 'physical attraction' or 'aesthetic attraction'), so smell, sound, touch, taste would all be grouped as sensual attractions because for most people those generally aren't strong, or they come with other attractions that make the whole thing difficult to sort out. 

So when you hear that person and it is like golden sunshine is flowing from their worlds and you find you just want to bask in that glow and warmth forever. Let all your troubles float away because hearing their voice stills all the noise inside you so there is just placid peace and the rolling tone of their voice and you want to sit at their feet handing them reading material so it doesn't end. There was nothing sexual or romantic in that for me, it was all about his voice, so pretty pure sensual attraction, also it was the only time I was so strongly and clearly attracted by a voice. 

From what you say I assume you notice peoples voices more, so maybe voices are one of the things you specifically appreciate or are attracted to. So when people talk about your 'type' of ideal partner, 'voice' should be on your list, in the same way 'tall' would be for someone who appreciates feeling smaller than their partner, or 'blonde' would be for someone specifically attracted to visual presentation/colour. Though honestly, a lot of people are attracted by voices, they are just a bit more shallow on the subject; Just think about how many people say they like accents. 

You can possibly even work out the type of voice you like most if you can identify similarities in those you like. I have a friend that realised recently she only likes music where men sing in whine-y tones. Many erotica authors like describing voices as gravely or husky (one of my writer friends tends to use 'deep rumble' a lot and I had to ask her if she meant a voice like Kevin Grevioux!)

19 hours ago, Apathetic Echidna said:

Hello friend! I thought I was the only one who was attracted by a voice as I have been pinging around different forums and no-one has said 'me too'. Well, I'm here to tell you, Me Too!!!! ?

I think it a thing. I've seen recently that a lot of girls discover their sexuality because of the way Jade's count in the song take a hint in Victorious. If you look at the comments, a lot of people say how her voice is attractive. So I dont think it is unusual, just that it is less talk about.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/11/2021 at 10:10 PM, Apathetic Echidna said:

So sensual attraction is just a type of attraction to something that is experienced through senses other than sight (that gets its own word, normally 'physical attraction' or 'aesthetic attraction'), so smell, sound, touch, taste would all be grouped as sensual attractions because for most people those generally aren't strong, or they come with other attractions that make the whole thing difficult to sort out. 

I just want to say me too, too. To me, voices are more powerful than aesthetic attraction a lot of the time. I haven't heard of 'sensual attraction' but it makes sense - but I always felt there should be a word for just aural / auditory attraction to the way someone sounds.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 4/9/2021 at 2:01 AM, clbaft said:

I just want to say me too, too.

haha Yay! I was literally just writing a belated post about attraction on the TAAAP pride chat blog. 

For ages I felt like the only one talking about being strongly attracted to someone because of their voice (and not anything else). So I'm glad there are many more of us speaking about it now!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/25/2021 at 5:07 AM, Apathetic Echidna said:

haha Yay! I was literally just writing a belated post about attraction on the TAAAP pride chat blog. 

For ages I felt like the only one talking about being strongly attracted to someone because of their voice (and not anything else). So I'm glad there are many more of us speaking about it now!

Oh, is that a public post? Sounds interesting!

"strongly attracted to someone because of their voice (and not anything else)" and YES ... hahah as an aego some of the characters whose voices I've liked haven't even had a physical form ? that's a difficult one to explain to anyone...

• 1 month later...
On 7/15/2021 at 8:48 AM, clbaft said:

Oh, is that a public post? Sounds interesting!

late reply, but yes. TAAAP is all public. It doesn't have a lot of activity but there are some really good ideas and questions that I like pondering. Here is a link to the topic. https://taaappridechats.dreamwidth.org/3415.html 

• Like 1