Has anyone had the same?

BlackBerry

Me and my Dad have had a talk about romanticism and love. 

Well... This is a Part of our disscusion.

Me: I don't get why YOU ALL feel this whole romantic stuff.

Dad: Well, It's big part of our nature.

Me: I said: "YOU" because I don't feel like it will happen to me. I don't really see a whole concept in my life-

Dad: Oh, that's because you're too young. You'll understand it once you'll feel it.

Me: I hope it never come true... I prefer to stay single to the end of my lif-

Dad: NO ONE WANTS TO STAY SINGLE! You're just 16 years old, too young.

Me: Then... Why girls in my Age get it while I don't? That doesn't make sense to me.

Dad: You're just a late bloomer then. Kid don't bother yourself. You'll feel it anyway, EVERY HUMAN ON THE EARTH FEEL IT

Me: So I think I'm fucking alien. *goes to the room because of too much bullshit in ears*

Edited by BlackBerry
  • Angry 3

4 minutes ago, Holmbo said:

So we are gods then. ?

Yeah. 

"So please don't bother me in the future, little mortal. I need to make sure that whole universe works well. I don't have any time for love!" 

I'm laugh so loud about this. ?

• Like 1

Yeah. I've told my parents multiple times that I have no interest in getting married or having a romantic relationship, but they just don't believe me. When I told my friends in high school that I didn't have a crush they also didn't believe me and said I was lying. When I brought it up with my therapist, she said I was too young to know and that it would happen eventually. It's like people can't possibly fathom the idea that there isn't one single human experience. Having your identity questioned on the basis of "but it's a part of human nature" is annoying. But, you know what, I don't reallly care all that much anymore. Aliens are pretty cool.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vhenan said:

Yeah. I've told my parents multiple times that I have no interest in getting married or having a romantic relationship, but they just don't believe me. When I told my friends in high school that I didn't have a crush they also didn't believe me and said I was lying. When I brought it up with my therapist, she said I was too young to know and that it would happen eventually.

I'm so thankfull to my best friend that she accept me as who I'm and support me. She never had said something like: "That's just a phase", but said "I think you're valid as any other living person. No matter what you feel or not. " 

I wish you find someone like she too :)

It's like people can't possibly fathom the idea that there isn't one single human experience. Having your identity questioned on the basis of "but it's a part of human nature" is annoying. But, you know what, I don't reallly care all that much anymore. Aliens are pretty cool.

"A part of human nature". 

Animals also fall in love/make couples/have Kids. 

But I think as a human I'm something more than 'inteligent monkey'. 

Does monkeys can (idk) write an book about cooking or build a rocket that can fly to the moon? 

(For now:) No!

So 'be a human' means more than romantic love and/or sex. 

Edited by BlackBerry

• 3 weeks later...

My mum said things like that till I was 15, then I think it clicked with her that I wasn't a late bloomer at 18 especially as at that age I found the word asexual. At 20 after my first (and only) boyfriend and finding the word aromantic she went back to saying it would change when I got older, but I think she was just worried I would be lonely cause when I explained to her about queer platonic relationships and squishies and such she seemed to relax again (mostly. She still doesn't really understand, but I don't understand allosexuals either)

• Like 1

I recently had a conversation like that with my mom, she kept pressing that everyone wants a relationship and intimacy with someone eventually, and I just was sitting there acting like I understood why she even cared if I didn't want that kind of relationship while hiding the fact that I was growing more hopeless by the second... Good times... My mom is a great person who usually understands everything, but I don't think she really understands this. 

• Like 1