Staff VS Members

brsajo

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Louis Hypo said:

K because staff won, the staff increase goes down to 3 points. If members win the next game it goes up by two to 5. If staff win again it goes down by one to 2. Sounds cool?

I thought we were taking two off, so staff increase was 4 points?

You do realise that members have won 3 times right? You should have been adding 8 in the last round, but it doesn't really matter now.

21 minutes ago, Simowl said:

Hey, when the mods go offline and you guys can get chaining loads of posts...

Otherwise, no it's not fair :)

When two mods are controlling the thread, they can score points at a faster rate than 5 or so members.

There has to be a rule preventing long chains created by the same small group of players.

E.g.: no one can make more posts since the last post of the opposing team than the number of the players of their own team who've posted since the last post of the opposing team.

Grrr, that's too complicated, I know.

E.g.

1.  A mod posts and two members A and B make a chain ABAB.

2. Neither A nor B can then post any more until a third member C posts (or a mod appears).

3. The chain can proceed as CBCAC or CACBC [or there are shorter options like CBAC] until neither of A, B, C can post and they have to wait for a fourth member D.

4. The longest chain continuation after that is DCDADBD and the likes (alternating between D and non-D, but each of the non-D's can chime in only once until a fifth member posts).

5. A mod post resets the chain.

And similarly for mods' chains interrupted by members.

So N players of the same team can make a maximum of N*N posts if they're well coordinated, until they need an N+1-st player to join.

An easier rule can be that a player is prohibited from posting (I mean altering the count) until either the opposite team posts or L teammates do, whichever is sooner. The number L can be adjusted in accordance with the number of points per mod post (M). I can't figure out a 'perfect' formula relating the L and M numbers.

2 minutes ago, aroMa(n)tisse said:

When two mods are controlling the thread, they can score points at a faster rate than 5 or so members.

There has to be a rule preventing long chains created by the same small group of players.

E.g.: no one can make more posts since the last post of the opposing team than the number of the players of their own team who've posted since the last post of the opposing team.

Grrr, that's too complicated, I know.

E.g.

1.  A mod posts and two members A and B make a chain ABAB.

2. Neither A nor B can then post any more until a third member C posts.

3. The chain can proceed as CBCAC or CACBC [or there are shorter options like CBAC] until neither of A, B, C can post and they have to wait for a fourth member D.

4. The longest chain continuation after that is DCDADBD and the likes (alternating between D and non-D, but each of the non-D's can chime in only once until a fifth member posts).

5. A mod post resets the chain.

And similarly for mods' chains interrupted by members.

So N players of the same team can make a maximum of N*N posts if they're well coordinated, until they need an N+1-st player to join.

An easier rule can be that a player is prohibited from posting (I mean altering the count) until either the opposite team posts or L teammates do, whichever is sooner. The number L can be adjusted in accordance with the number of points per mod post (M). I can't figure out a 'perfect' formula relating the L and M numbers.

This is more complex than chess O_O

Archived