Multiplayer Arocalypse

DannyFenton123

The idea for a steam group sounds really great but is there a way to hide the groups you're in on steam so that your friends don't see them? Most of my Steam friends are IRL friends to whom I am not out (including my alloro partner) and I don't really want them asking questions if they see I'm part of this group :c

5 minutes ago, Sooty Owl said:

The idea for a steam group sounds really great but is there a way to hide the groups you're in on steam so that your friends don't see them? Most of my Steam friends are IRL friends to whom I am not out (including my alloro partner) and I don't really want them asking questions if they see I'm part of this group :c

Unfortunately, no. The only way that you can hide your groups from your friends is to set your entire profile to private. Obviously, this is not the best solution.

You aren't the only one expressing this concern. However, Steam is Steam, and Steam has terrible customer service, so don't expect a hide group function to be a thing anytime soon. I'm sorry that it has to be this way, but there is nothing I can do.

8 minutes ago, Sooty Owl said:

Doesn't look like you can, I'm afraid :(

Argh nevermind then, I'll join in and find a way to cover it up as something else if I ever get questions. Can we just at least try to have a pic that isn't clearly aro-related? Like a bowl of ice cream for example, that'd be perfect B)

1 minute ago, Sooty Owl said:

Argh nevermind then, I'll join in and find a way to cover it up as something else if I ever get questions. Can we just at least try to have a pic that isn't clearly aro-related? Like a bowl of ice cream for example, that'd be perfect B)

The only way I can think of covering it up is to just join a few more groups so that this group won't appear on your profile page.

I'll give everyone another day to suggest abbreviations. If we can't find a good one, or one which is available, I'll just make the abbreviation Arocalypse.

It's difficult, I know. While Arocalypse is boring as an abbreviation, it is appropriate. The main reason I was asking was so that we could maybe find a better abbreviation.

AROP haha

I recently got a Steam. I haven’t used it much, though. I have no money and all the games I want to play are Windows only and our Windows computer hasn't been working! D:< I’m noaniu if anyone wants to add me :D Online multiplayer games actually terrify me but friends are always great… Even though I have no idea what the use of the friend feature is if you’re likely not really going to play with/against them :P Not sure yet about joining the group. My brother is my friend on Steam and he’s a snoopy one so I've been hesitant to join groups that denote where I hang out online such as the AGN Steam group. We should protest for having groups unhide-able!!

(Don’t quote this please in case I want to remove my Steam name or anything else)

Archived