New Aro flag suggestion

TripleA

Would you use this as a general aro flag?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

https://lgbta.wikia.org/wiki/Aromantic_Allosexual

I understand that this was made to be just an alloaro flag, but I believe it can work to be used by all aromantics, the meanings don't need to be changed. I like the meanings and the design looks better. I mean, from what I know, the aro flag has not been finalised as the ace flag has been, sooo

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, TripleA said:

I understand that this was made to be just an alloaro flag, but I believe it can work to be used by all aromantics

It was specifically made for allo aros to have this part of the community represented, and idk how people who aren't allosexual would feel about this flag being used to represent all of the community... I know that if someone suggested we use one of the aroace flags to represent aromanticism as a whole, I'd be very mad

edit: I also don't know what you mean by "aro flag hasn't been finalized" - the green, light green, white, grey, black version is widely used, you can see it at prides sometimes, etc.

• Like 2

I would not see it as a representation of all the community, in particular when some colors seem to have been chosen to represent allosexuality (if I trust the website, the yellow part in the first flag was chosen because yellow is opposite of purple, asexuality color, so I can't see how aroace people can feel represented by it... and with the second flag there is also a color to represent sexuality).

And it's weird to want to change the meaning of a flag like that. Just imagine if someone comes and want to use the aro flag to represent, I don't know, aplatonism. You would feel alienated.

And I think the aro flag is already used bu the whole community? I never see any body don't use this one. 

I am aroallo, so definitely yes! It looks more joyful than the yellow-white-grey aro flag I've seen before. I've also made an "arrows" version:

aro.png

7 hours ago, nonmerci said:

I would not see it as a representation of all the community, in particular when some colors seem to have been chosen to represent allosexuality (if I trust the website, the yellow part in the first flag was chosen because yellow is opposite of purple, asexuality color, so I can't see how aroace people can feel represented by it... and with the second flag there is also a color to represent sexuality).

Aroaces already have a different flag, this one is strictly for aroallos.

1 hour ago, Blazkovitz said:

I am aroallo, so definitely yes! It looks more joyful than the yellow-white-grey aro flag I've seen before. I've also made an "arrows" version:

aro.png

The thing is that what TripleA is proposing is using the allo aro flag to represent the entire aro community- doing away with the current aro flag, and using the allo aro flag to represent aroaces as well as allo aros. That wouldn’t be fair for anyone; Allo aros deserve to have a flag just for us without it being co-opted for other purposes (and erasing our identities in the process), and aroaces deserve to not be identified with a flag that’s meant to represent allosexuals. 

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Blazkovitz said:

Yes, that's what I said too. TripleA suggested to use this flag to represent both aro aces and aro allos, and I was saying it would be a bad idea as this flag was made to represent allo aro only.

(This is being said, your arrows are pretty)