Obligatory Introduction Topic

Abyss

(I'm really very bad at these. Sorry in advance.)

Hi humans and/or nonhumans, I'm Abyss. I have other names but usually have complicated relationships with them so let's just go with Abyss for everything. I am agender and aroace, with maybe a touch of polyamory? It's unclear but I might currently be in two distinct qp relationships and I have pretty much no problem with this idea.

I am a junior in college with a major in linguistics, preparing to thesis next semester. I love linguistics -- outside of prose and art for my fiction projects, linguistics basically consumes my life. I love horror stories and gaming, as well. I'm excited to find such a new forum focused on aromanticism and I'm hoping that I'll be able to stay active here.

~Abyss

Hey Abyss! Saw you on chat earlier, but here's your formal welcome, I guess :) I love prose/art/linguistics as well! I hope you stick around~

Here's some ice cream:

9458474050_2191604d33_o.jpg

(also, weird personal note: the "and/or nonhumans" made me smile SO BIG. i am a small cat and it is nice to see people recognizing that!)

Welcome! :icecream: Nice to meet you, Abyss :) Also I want to say I agree with Jade on the nonhumans part. Besides humans we also have various animals, pens (me), potatoes and probably others on here who will appreciate how inclusive you are ^_^

Aww, everyone is so nice. Thank you all for the ice creams.

Also, I guess I will add this now, since Jade and aihpen were so kind to let me know about the other nonhumans on this site. I'm glad you appreciated that. I added that primarily cause I'm also a nonhuman, but I guess I didn't know if I was comfortable letting that out so soon (right in my first post!). But it seems like there's a good population so I feel a lot more comfortable already. ^_^ Thank you for that.

9 hours ago, Abyss said:

Aww, everyone is so nice. Thank you all for the ice creams.

Also, I guess I will add this now, since Jade and aihpen were so kind to let me know about the other nonhumans on this site. I'm glad you appreciated that. I added that primarily cause I'm also a nonhuman, but I guess I didn't know if I was comfortable letting that out so soon (right in my first post!). But it seems like there's a good population so I feel a lot more comfortable already. ^_^ Thank you for that.

Welcome, Abyss! Linguistics is awesome. :D :icecream:

Also, I'm curious as to what you mean by non-humans, if you don't mind me asking.

Archived