Adding on to Attraction Terms (Squish, Crush etc.)

Crush: The desire to do romantic (and possibly sexual) things with an individual

Squish: The desire for other than a friendship but other than a romantic relationship; the aromantic version of a crush

*Smash: The desire to act physically and/or verbally violent at an extreme to an individual out of ruthless aggression, anger and/or hatred

*Expansion: The desire to direct, to an extreme, compassion, love, service and kindness to an individual; the desire to act in a godly way towards someone; opposite of a smash

(The terms with an asterisk are terms coined by me)

So, what do you think? Please let me know in the comments section below.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think Smash is really out of attraction, it just seems like you would really hate the person. And I don't understand how the word expansion relates to the meaning.

• Like 3

On 6/16/2019 at 5:24 AM, Coyote said:

while I don't know if anyone still uses this, the original squish thread made reference to calling this a "smash."

Haha, hetero-normies very much use it in this sense already (e.g. check 'smash' in Urban Dictionary of you care/dare to!). I'd assumed that was the joke here.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 10:52 AM, Spacenik86 said:

We need a word for purely sexual attraction without a romantic component.

YES, I always have to use 'crush' in quote marks, but it still feels weird because crush is primarily romantic, but I have no other word to describe it.

18 hours ago, Spacenik86 said:

Some people here mentioned having a "lush". What on Earth is that?

I think it's a sensual version of a crush?? Like you just want to touch someone? I've not seen something like that before.

On 6/16/2019 at 5:24 AM, Coyote said:

Fun fact, while I don't know if anyone still uses this, the original squish thread made reference to calling this a "smash."

This is confusing me now. Even if we used this definition, there is no mention of sexual attraction. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TripleA said:

This is confusing me now. Even if we used this definition, there is no mention of sexual attraction.  

• "I read somewhere that the word 'smash' was used to describe an overwhelming feeling of lust for another person"
  • "Does anyone find it odd that we use the words 'crush' and 'smash' to describe having a romantic/sexual attraction toward someone?"

On 6/29/2019 at 3:38 PM, Herbe de provence said:

Wasn't the definition of squish an intense feeling of platonic attraction or something like that ? I'm a bit confused.

Squish was first proposed in 2007 as Raisin's word for when "There was just something about them that I liked. I wanted to get to know them better. I wanted to talk to them, just be around them. [...] I just have a desire to talk to the person and be friends with them." It does not look like "intense" is a requirement here. In fact, they even wrote that these feelings "aren't as intense as 'crushes.'"

• Like 2

17 hours ago, TripleA said:

I think it's a sensual version of a crush?? Like you just want to touch someone? I've not seen something like that before.

Sensual and sexual attraction would be very similar, though asexuals could experience a desire to hug someone without the need to go any further. Like children sometimes enjoy hugging and cuddling.

13 hours ago, nonmerci said:

I thought lush was for sexual attraction? At least I'm sure I've seen a word for that, and I think it may be that  

"Lush" sounds like "lust", so it makes sense ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/2/2019 at 2:16 AM, Spacenik86 said:

Sensual and sexual attraction would be very similar, though asexuals could experience a desire to hug someone without the need to go any further. Like children sometimes enjoy hugging and cuddling.

I could be completely wrong, but I think squish and lush are closely related. Squish is the need to get to know someone closer in a platonic way, and lush would be the need to be a bit more touchy with the person without getting into sexual attraction, like you said when you mentioned the desire to hug someone.