Arockalypse (the Album)

DannyFenton123

Accoding to wikipedia 'The Arockalypse is the third studio album by Finnish heavy metal band Lordi.'

This is the only thing that shows up higher than the Arocalypse forums when you (Bing) search it. So I propose all Arocalypse members go around listening to this and nothing else xD

49 minutes ago, DannyFenton123 said:

Accoding to wikipedia 'The Arockalypse is the third studio album by Finnish heavy metal band Lordi.'

This is the only thing that shows up higher than the Arocalypse forums when you (Bing) search it. So I propose all Arocalypse members go around listening to this and nothing else xD

I clicked on this thread because I thought this was going to be a sub where people put together a playlist of rock songs related to being aromantic...LOL

19 hours ago, DannyFenton123 said:

So are we gonna make our own Aro version of Metalocalypse? :P

On 2016. 04. 14. at 5:22 AM, omitef said:

I clicked on this thread because I thought this was going to be a sub where people put together a playlist of rock songs related to being aromantic...LOL

Lol, me too.You know what? Lets do that. :D

Let me add a bit of (post) punk to the mix. I used to listen to this on loop  when I was dating my ex. Clearly, nothing felt wrong about the situation... :facepalm:

At the time I thought it was me questioning the mass brainwashing of the media, because this romance thing was soo weird and out of proportion. But  it was just me being aro, the rest of the world wasn't brainwashed lol.

Edit : There should be an altered cover of Ace of Spades by Motörhead?  If we'd unleash the Roses are red thread team on it, and we could rewrite lyrics like in a day ;) And then we just have to find somebody to sing it...If there will be an aro rock mixtape, that needs to be on it.

If you like them flowers, I tell you, you can have them
In red some, in blue some, it's all the same to me

It is okay by the way,

Makes no difference what they say

I think we have agreed,

The only card I need is

The ace of spades

The ace of spades

:jurassic park style melodica plays in the distance:

(Ace of Spades /acoustic version/ by Motörhead-the original)

1 minute ago, omitef said:

I've never heard any post-punk bands before; that was interesting. This was my first time listening to Ace of Spades and I'm in love.

I bet you did, just maybe you did not know what its called. Its kind of a vague genre, less angry, more melancholic than punk? (Not that some punk songs aren't depressing af)

Well, I'm glad you liked it. BTW, aroaces, I know its band merch, but they made the album cover into a ring? Just that you know.

• 1 month later...

Lordi is my most listened hard rock band, and I do love some songs from 'The Arockalypse' :icecream: (primarily for their sound :P ). Alas a sizeable part of the album (as well as of Lordi's discography in general) is rather misogynistic (femmes fatales are rather blamed for ruining the hero's life or 'punished'). However, the Eurovision-winning 'Hard Rock Hallelujah' doesn't blame any gender. It's very listenable, and it's the only song on the album (except the opening 'SCG3 Special Report') that contains the word 'Arockalypse' itself.

Archived