Romantic Orientation

Guest ad3c1...58e

Question

Guest ad3c1...58e

Soo, the past weeks or so I've noticed something.

I have been identifying as greyromantic for some time now, but I'm not so sure anymore.

That's because I have these periods where I really want to be hugged by my friends or kissed by my boyfriend and then I have these periods where I just don't want to be touched at all or basically have someone in my personal space.

Because I've noticed that for some time now I was wondering if I was aroflux, does this sound like it to you?

(Obviously I know you can't figure it out for me but some advice would be nice (: )

Anonymous poster hash: ad3c1...58e

3 answers to this question

Sounds about right? Though I'm not sure how hugging friends would have anything to do with romanticism--at least for me, hugging is platonic. 

On 02/03/2017 at 9:32 PM, Guest ad3c1...58e said:

Soo, the past weeks or so I've noticed something.

I have been identifying as greyromantic for some time now, but I'm not so sure anymore.

That's because I have these periods where I really want to be hugged by my friends or kissed by my boyfriend and then I have these periods where I just don't want to be touched at all or basically have someone in my personal space.

Because I've noticed that for some time now I was wondering if I was aroflux, does this sound like it to you?

I don't think whats going on is to do with romantic orientation.
There are aros who like hugging and kissing as well as allos who don't.
I've never heard of periodic haphephobia, which seems to what you are describing. It does sound most odd.

Archived