Democrats are vampires and Republicans are zombies

Holmbo

I remember reading this joke article a long while ago and with this US election it feels very relevant.
 http://www.cracked.com/article_19402_6-mind-blowing-ways-zombies-vampires-explain-america.html

It's basically stating that vampires and zombies represents everything that democrats and republicans fear with each other.

Vampires are parasitic, immoral, foreign, queer-sexual and anti religion.

Zombies are mindless, stupid, violent and just follow each other in attacking anything that is different from them.

Especially the last part is interesting:

That actually brings us full circle, with what these fears have in common. Specifically, that both zombies and vampires have the ability to turn our children, friends and people we love into one of them. And we'll be next. That's the most terrifying concept of all, that this other point of view that we find so ridiculous and inhuman is somehow contagious, that if exposed to it we might be forced to see the world their way, whether we like it or not. And neither a vampire or a zombie can be cured -- once converted, you never go back. And that's why they must be destroyed.

Do you think there is something to this and in that case is the solution to just have lots of stories with vampire and zombie protagonists? :D

On 28/01/2017 at 1:17 PM, Holmbo said:

is the solution to just have lots of stories with vampire and zombie protagonists?

Have you heard of Young Dracula? It's about a family of vampires who move to Wales (castles galore) after the mum leaves the dad (who is 300 year old count Dracula) and the son wants to be normal (until the final series) whilst the older daughter is all gothic and that.

On 2017-01-30 at 5:20 AM, James said:

Can the Green Party be werewolves, please?

Perhaps. I'm a bit more hazy on what werewolves usually symbolize. The only stories I've read with them are Harry Potter and Twilight :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/02/2017 at 8:03 PM, James said:

In the way vampires represent gluttony and zombies represent the inevitability of death, I think werewolves are supposed to represent senseless violence or something. Not actually the best fit. 

They kind of fit with animal rights activists, then. There are some pretty violent animal rights activist groups.

And I have seen stories where werewolves are tied in with environmentalism. Although they're obviously not vegans.

• 4 months later...
On 2017-02-15 at 3:03 AM, James said:

In the way vampires represent gluttony and zombies represent the inevitability of death, I think werewolves are supposed to represent senseless violence or something. Not actually the best fit. 

I feel like zombies should be gluttony. Since they have sort of the endless hunger and just wants to eat everyone.
Vampires feel much more tied to other sorts of "sins" like lust and greed and pride.

Archived