Hey guys

Hi! My name is Robin (someone else has the user name Robin, so my screen name is fine to save the confusion). I'm a 19 year old engineering student from Upstate New York. I'm excited to meet some aro (and ace) people, since I'm not out in real life yet and it gets a little lonely. I play clarinet and muggle quidditch, and my favorite shows are Orphan Black, Parks and Rec, Brooklyn 99, and Criminal Minds (I'm still catching up, no spoilers). Idk what else to say, but I look forward to meeting all you guys! 

Welcome to Arocalypse! :icecream:

This is a great place to meet other ace and aro people, even when you might feel like you're the only one in daily life. I hope you have fun on here xD 

38 minutes ago, PhysicsOwl said:

I'm Materials Engineering, but Mechanical is the most common, so its a good guess.

Damn; I was close. What's your favorite thing about MatE?

12 minutes ago, DeMorgan said:

Damn; I was close. What's your favorite thing about MatE?

I've only just started taking specific major classes, so I'm not sure, but one of my favorite things about engineering as a whole is seeing something and knowing why it works the way it does, or seeing something and knowing how you could do it/make it. 

11 minutes ago, PerformativeSurprise said:

And Orphan Black is one of my favorites too

I can't wait for the new season!! 

19 minutes ago, rayofsunshine said:

I have a friend who loves Orphan Black, she has all of the characters POP figurines. What is college like O.o?

I bought my brother a Firefly POP figure for Christmas and I spent forever looking at all of them because they're so cute. I'm definitely hoping to get some for myself at some point.

I don't really know how to describe college. It's a lot of fun, but it's also a lot of work. It's a great time to try new things and meet new people. You can learn a lot of important stuff, both about your major and about yourself. Make sure to do your homework and go to class, but don't be so focused on your schoolwork that you miss out on other opportunities to have fun. People say that college is the best time of your life, and I've had some awesome times so far, but it honestly sucks a lot sometimes too, so you don't have to feel pressured to be enjoying yourself all the time. It's a great place to find what makes you happy and then do it, whatever that may be. That all sounds super cheesy, but it's that's the general stuff I've got. I can try my best to answer specific questions you have though. 

Archived