Ok everyone I'd like some help, I have until this Friday to write a 5-8 page screenplay and I am absolutely stuck. I have no clue what to add and I need some help. I was hoping to add one or two aro/aroace characters or just some queer ones at the least but does anyone have any ideas?

tysm everyone T-T

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2024 at 2:17 PM, Ekaterina said:

What kind of screenplay? What is it for, what is the general context? 

Sorry I just saw this T-T

So we're doing a scene or sequel I need help on the plot

I'm doing a scene and I have a characters but no plot :/

(For an idea on my characters here's one of their descriptions:

Sage, Non-binary, They/Them, Medium length hair, Light brown hair, Straight hair, Green eyes, 5’4, 19 years, Wears lot’s of overalls, Sweaters, Frogs and possums, Converse, Painted black nails, Mushroom necklace, Non-binary hoop earrings,  Strawberry Bucket hat, Embroidery thread bracelets, Septum piercing, Very neat straight teeth, Eyeliner and a little bit of highlighter, Sun tattoo on wrist, Dimples, Light freckles, Lots of bracelets)

I have until tomorrow for this 

On 5/20/2024 at 1:09 PM, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

What do you have so far?

nothing yet just my character plans

Example:

Sage, Non-binary, They/Them, Medium length hair, Light brown hair, Straight hair, Green eyes, 5’4, 19 years, Wears lot’s of overalls, Sweaters, Frogs and possums, Converse, Painted black nails, Mushroom necklace, Non-binary hoop earrings,  Strawberry Bucket hat, Embroidery thread bracelets, Septum piercing, Very neat straight teeth, Eyeliner and a little bit of highlighter, Sun tattoo on wrist, Dimples, Light freckles, Lots of bracelets

this and a few other characters is all i've got help please

On 5/20/2024 at 11:49 AM, organs and bone said:

I would love to help!

tysm idk what to do

Edited by Cavetowns_fkin_awesome

2 hours ago, Cavetowns_fkin_awesome said:

Sorry I just saw this T-T

So we're doing a scene or sequel I need help on the plot

I'm doing a scene and I have a characters but no plot :/

(For an idea on my characters here's one of their descriptions:

Sage, Non-binary, They/Them, Medium length hair, Light brown hair, Straight hair, Green eyes, 5’4, 19 years, Wears lot’s of overalls, Sweaters, Frogs and possums, Converse, Painted black nails, Mushroom necklace, Non-binary hoop earrings,  Strawberry Bucket hat, Embroidery thread bracelets, Septum piercing, Very neat straight teeth, Eyeliner and a little bit of highlighter, Sun tattoo on wrist, Dimples, Light freckles, Lots of bracelets)

I have until tomorrow for this 

nothing yet just my character plans

Example:

Sage, Non-binary, They/Them, Medium length hair, Light brown hair, Straight hair, Green eyes, 5’4, 19 years, Wears lot’s of overalls, Sweaters, Frogs and possums, Converse, Painted black nails, Mushroom necklace, Non-binary hoop earrings,  Strawberry Bucket hat, Embroidery thread bracelets, Septum piercing, Very neat straight teeth, Eyeliner and a little bit of highlighter, Sun tattoo on wrist, Dimples, Light freckles, Lots of bracelets

this and a few other characters is all i've got help please

tysm idk what to do

What kind of scene? Sequel to what? Why are you doing this, what is the goal of this? Who this play is being written for?

4 hours ago, Ekaterina said:

What kind of scene? Sequel to what? Why are you doing this, what is the goal of this? Who this play is being written for?

It's really anything, being written for any audience, any goal, any plot, there is actually nothing behind it is just a screenplay of anything at all

5 hours ago, Cavetowns_fkin_awesome said:

It's really anything, being written for any audience, any goal, any plot, there is actually nothing behind it is just a screenplay of anything at all

Is it some kind of assignment for a study? 

Or like a creative game where everyone writes a small scene for fun?

Since you said "scene or sequel", does it mean participants can choose between continuing other submissions or writing their own original ones? Or does it mean you are allowed to continue an existing story, basically that fanfiction is allowed? 

Is the only rule that you have the characters to include? Do these characters have only the set visual like in your example, do they have personality, backstory, anything? 

6 hours ago, Ekaterina said:

Is it some kind of assignment for a study? 

Or like a creative game where everyone writes a small scene for fun?

Since you said "scene or sequel", does it mean participants can choose between continuing other submissions or writing their own original ones? Or does it mean you are allowed to continue an existing story, basically that fanfiction is allowed? 

Is the only rule that you have the characters to include? Do these characters have only the set visual like in your example, do they have personality, backstory, anything? 

Just a fun scene

No, it was a weird lesson I didn't really understand but I'm doing a scene anyways

Not really, I started writing but I'm stuck here:

JESSE: “Sage hurry up, we need to get going.”

SAGE: “Hold on! I’m trying to put my pins on my jacket!”
(Sage is struggling to add a pin with the asexual flag and another pin with the nonbinary flag on their denim jacket)

JESSE: “I’m going to get the car started, I’ll meet you outside”

SAGE: “Alright.” (Sage finishes places their pins on the jacket and walks to the car)

JESSE: (Jesse starts driving) “You should make a groupchat with everyone, make sure they’re all still coming.”

SAGE: “Wait how many people will be there?” (Sage looks confused)

JESSE: (Amused) “You didn’t hear that we’re bringing the whole gang?”

SAGE: “Wait, in ‘the whole gang’ you mean like, EVERYONE?”

JESSE: “Yep, all 8 of us.” 

SAGE: “Wow, ok I was just expecting Kaye, Vinn, and us.”

JESSE: “Well some people might have to cancel, that’s why you should make the chat, ask them.”

SAGE: “Yeah ok.” 

(CAMERA PANS TO SEE SAGES PHONE ADDING EVERYONE TO THE GROUP CHAT AND SEES THEM SEND ‘IS EVERYONE STILL COMING’ AND 4 PEOPLE SAY THEY CAN’T MAKE IT)

SAGE: “Ren, Bismuth, Charlie, and Haven can’t make it. Too bad, I haven’t seen Bismuth in a while.”

JESSE: “Yeah, but we’ll still have a good time!” (Glances as Sage at a red light and smiles lightly, Sage doesn’t see this)

(THEY ARRIVE AT THE ADDRESS ON THE GPS AND ARE AT VINN’S HOUSE)

SAGE: (Knocks)

VINN: (Answers door) “Sage! Jesse! Hey guys!” (Smiles at them)

(SAGE AND VINN HUG, JESSE AND VINN WALK IN CHATTING)

KAYE: “Hey guys!” (Excited)

SAGE: “Kaye! Hi!” (Runs over and hugs)

KAYE: “Oh my god, did you hear what happened?”

SAGE: “Hold on, let’s get drinks and sit down then let’s chat.”

(THEY ALL WALK OVER TO THE KITCHEN AND GRAB DRINKS VINN AND KAYE MADE)

JESSE: “Kaye, how did you get here so fast? Usually you’re late.” (Teasingly)

(THEY ALL SIT ON VINNS COUCH)

KAYE: “Well, I wanted to tell you what happened. So, you know how Bismuth, Haven, Ren, and Charlie couldn’t make it?”

SAGE: “Yeah? What happened?”

Idk what should happen T-T

31 minutes ago, Cavetowns_fkin_awesome said:

Just a fun scene

No, it was a weird lesson I didn't really understand but I'm doing a scene anyways

Not really, I started writing but I'm stuck here:

JESSE: “Sage hurry up, we need to get going.”

SAGE: “Hold on! I’m trying to put my pins on my jacket!”
(Sage is struggling to add a pin with the asexual flag and another pin with the nonbinary flag on their denim jacket)

JESSE: “I’m going to get the car started, I’ll meet you outside”

SAGE: “Alright.” (Sage finishes places their pins on the jacket and walks to the car)

JESSE: (Jesse starts driving) “You should make a groupchat with everyone, make sure they’re all still coming.”

SAGE: “Wait how many people will be there?” (Sage looks confused)

JESSE: (Amused) “You didn’t hear that we’re bringing the whole gang?”

SAGE: “Wait, in ‘the whole gang’ you mean like, EVERYONE?”

JESSE: “Yep, all 8 of us.” 

SAGE: “Wow, ok I was just expecting Kaye, Vinn, and us.”

JESSE: “Well some people might have to cancel, that’s why you should make the chat, ask them.”

SAGE: “Yeah ok.” 

(CAMERA PANS TO SEE SAGES PHONE ADDING EVERYONE TO THE GROUP CHAT AND SEES THEM SEND ‘IS EVERYONE STILL COMING’ AND 4 PEOPLE SAY THEY CAN’T MAKE IT)

SAGE: “Ren, Bismuth, Charlie, and Haven can’t make it. Too bad, I haven’t seen Bismuth in a while.”

JESSE: “Yeah, but we’ll still have a good time!” (Glances as Sage at a red light and smiles lightly, Sage doesn’t see this)

(THEY ARRIVE AT THE ADDRESS ON THE GPS AND ARE AT VINN’S HOUSE)

SAGE: (Knocks)

VINN: (Answers door) “Sage! Jesse! Hey guys!” (Smiles at them)

(SAGE AND VINN HUG, JESSE AND VINN WALK IN CHATTING)

KAYE: “Hey guys!” (Excited)

SAGE: “Kaye! Hi!” (Runs over and hugs)

KAYE: “Oh my god, did you hear what happened?”

SAGE: “Hold on, let’s get drinks and sit down then let’s chat.”

(THEY ALL WALK OVER TO THE KITCHEN AND GRAB DRINKS VINN AND KAYE MADE)

JESSE: “Kaye, how did you get here so fast? Usually you’re late.” (Teasingly)

(THEY ALL SIT ON VINNS COUCH)

KAYE: “Well, I wanted to tell you what happened. So, you know how Bismuth, Haven, Ren, and Charlie couldn’t make it?”

SAGE: “Yeah? What happened?”

Idk what should happen T-T

Okay, that's something for a starting idea. 

First thing, how many characters are there? Your beginning mentions the group of eight people and four who didn't come and apparently are going to be important in the story, so that's 12. Pretty many, but can be done okay if balanced. So, about them. 

You said you have detailed description of the way the characters look while not knowing anything else. Why, do you have pictures you use as inspiration? Then look at them again and, well, imagine stuff. What their personalities can be? What are the relationships between them? From what I see seems like they are young people who spend time together, what connects them? Is it same school, same interests, maybe some are related? Maybe some are fresh acquaintances and some old friends? This kind of thing. 

Do you want any bad guys? Since it's meant a comedy (did I interpret right since you said fun scene?), it can include some satirizing of a common, or, on the contrary, uncommon but hilarious asshole-ish mentality, it can be releasing and satisfying as well as fun. If you don't want it, what do you want to base the humour on? Something hilarious that happened to the characters, or vivid and fun reactions in a more trivial situation? You can combine the options if you want. 

Think of how they talk, some little nuance of behavior, since there are a lot of characters over a small text, they should be distinctive enough for the reader not to be lost who is who. Especially if those offscreen four are going to make an onscreen appearance later. 

2 hours ago, Ekaterina said:

Okay, that's something for a starting idea. 

First thing, how many characters are there? Your beginning mentions the group of eight people and four who didn't come and apparently are going to be important in the story, so that's 12. Pretty many, but can be done okay if balanced. So, about them. 

You said you have detailed description of the way the characters look while not knowing anything else. Why, do you have pictures you use as inspiration? Then look at them again and, well, imagine stuff. What their personalities can be? What are the relationships between them? From what I see seems like they are young people who spend time together, what connects them? Is it same school, same interests, maybe some are related? Maybe some are fresh acquaintances and some old friends? This kind of thing. 

Do you want any bad guys? Since it's meant a comedy (did I interpret right since you said fun scene?), it can include some satirizing of a common, or, on the contrary, uncommon but hilarious asshole-ish mentality, it can be releasing and satisfying as well as fun. If you don't want it, what do you want to base the humour on? Something hilarious that happened to the characters, or vivid and fun reactions in a more trivial situation? You can combine the options if you want. 

Think of how they talk, some little nuance of behavior, since there are a lot of characters over a small text, they should be distinctive enough for the reader not to be lost who is who. Especially if those offscreen four are going to make an onscreen appearance later. 

I was saying there were 8 people in this group "all of US" including the speaking characters

I really do appreciate the help but I do not know what you're trying to say (IM SO SORRY IM A DUMBASS)

1 hour ago, Cavetowns_fkin_awesome said:

I was saying there were 8 people in this group "all of US" including the speaking characters

I really do appreciate the help but I do not know what you're trying to say (IM SO SORRY IM A DUMBASS)

What about the four who couldn't come as the characters say? Do they appear later directly, or only discussed by the eight characters whom we see?

On other stuff, I'll try to be clearer: who your characters are? Did you invent them or are they from an existing material? Maybe they are characters from your other projects or something? Basically, what do you know about them besides how they look? Or do you need help with inventing their character too? You said you want to make some aspec, cool, what else you want them to be? 

Do you want them to be funny (you said you want a funny scene)? 

Do you want any of them to be assholes for the story to laugh at, or do you want everyone to be adorable? 

On 5/24/2024 at 12:51 PM, Ekaterina said:

What about the four who couldn't come as the characters say? Do they appear later directly, or only discussed by the eight characters whom we see?

On other stuff, I'll try to be clearer: who your characters are? Did you invent them or are they from an existing material? Maybe they are characters from your other projects or something? Basically, what do you know about them besides how they look? Or do you need help with inventing their character too? You said you want to make some aspec, cool, what else you want them to be? 

Do you want them to be funny (you said you want a funny scene)? 

Do you want any of them to be assholes for the story to laugh at, or do you want everyone to be adorable? 

Sorry, I got distracted and forgot to respond, I got some help from a friend thank you for helping me though :D