How do you stop people from shipping you

Guest Anonymous

Question

Guest Anonymous

Ok, so because society is so romantic oriented, they love shipping me with my friends of the opposite gender. How in the world do I get them to stop?

5 answers to this question

You can tell them you don't like it. You can tell them it's violating your boundaries. You can tell them you aren't willing to stick around for that kind of thing. If all else fails, you can punch them in the face.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Picklethewickle said:

You can tell them you don't like it. You can tell them it's violating your boundaries. You can tell them you aren't willing to stick around for that kind of thing. If all else fails, you can punch them in the face.

Agreed. Or break their nose - use the bottom of your palm it’s the best if ur breaking a nose

• Like 2

As what is stated above, you should tell them that it's making you uncomfortable. I understand the feeling, though it comes from my family members more often than not. My siblings know of my aromanticism, so if they "shipped" me with anyone it is obviously a joke and it's actually never with irl people but fictional characters I hyperfixate on. My mom doesn't know about me though, and will actively try to investigate my platonic relationships with guys and even girls sometimes.

• Like 3

Some of my friends who know im aro do this as a joke but even after i came out to my parents they wouldn't stop bringing up the whole "when you get married etc etc" topic. I just tell them that whether I'm aro or not, it still makes me uncomfortable and they still need to respect that and refrain from doing that.

You can't. You can try by making a very big deal of it each time. And not in a fun way but in a boring way which they would want to avoid.