Wings Of Fire Thread :D

smac n cheese

heya! so this is a thread for WoF fans to talk about the series, and stuff related to it! (I'm toooooootally not making this bc it's spring break and I desperately need someone to talk to about WoF lol).

who's everyone's favorite character in the series, to get us started?

mine's Sunny, but Qibli and Peril are close :)

1 minute ago, smac n cheese said:

All excellent choices!

I'm torn between Peril and Moon as my favorites. I also really like Turtle and Cricket. 

Have you read all three arcs? The second arc is my favorite, I've read it too many times to count.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, smac n cheese said:

heya! so this is a thread for WoF fans to talk about the series, and stuff related to it! (I'm toooooootally not making this bc it's spring break and I desperately need someone to talk to about WoF lol).

who's everyone's favorite character in the series, to get us started?

Qibli overall had the most entertaining and complex book if you ask me, while I’d say Darkstalker was the most interesting and fun character with a deep lore.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Fox said:

Have you read all three arcs? The second arc is my favorite, I've read it too many times to count.

I'm on book 8 rn, but I'm hoping to finish the second arc soon, it's also my favorite so far!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smac n cheese said:

I'm on book 8 rn, but I'm hoping to finish the second arc soon, it's also my favorite so far!

Book 8 is one of my favorites! I found it the most comedic out of all of them. I loved getting to see Peril's internal world.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fox said:

Book 8 is one of my favorites! I found it the most comedic out of all of them. I loved getting to see Peril's internal world.

oh, that's great! 

I've started being on WoF Tumblr so often and WOW it surprised me how big the Moon-Winter-Qibli shipping debate was. like JEEZ I have my opinions about that too but don't hate other people for their ships-

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, smac n cheese said:

oh, that's great! 

I've started being on WoF Tumblr so often and WOW it surprised me how big the Moon-Winter-Qibli shipping debate was. like JEEZ I have my opinions about that too but don't hate other people for their ships-

Haha yeah, people can get fired up about that for some reason. I've never been much of a shipper myself so I don't quite understand. If I were to ship them I'd probably do Qwinter (or is it Quinter?) cause I find their dynamic so entertaining, but I also like the Moonbli ship too. But like, no judgement on whatever ship you prefer. It's all just for fun.

• Like 1

so i hvnt rly read or listened to any of the books in abt a year, but i remember rly liking sundew and darkstalker. also rly liked wren too. might want to reread/listen to the series again and see how i feel abt it, also bc i wasn’t rly thinking abt hc characters back then

1 hour ago, HelloThere said:

Qibli overall had the most entertaining and complex book if you ask me, while I’d say Darkstalker was the most interesting and fun character with a deep lore.  

ye. at the time of reading it qibli was my fav, same with the book. i would say after having listened to the entire series multiple times that books 13, 10, and darkstalker r my favs

• Like 1

Moon! She is definitely my favourite, and Blue is probably my second favourite. There really isn't anyone I dislike. Probably my favourite small sub-plot was Winter trying to keep a pet human.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Fox said:
19 hours ago, smac n cheese said:

Haha yeah, people can get fired up about that for some reason. I've never been much of a shipper myself so I don't quite understand. If I were to ship them I'd probably do Qwinter (or is it Quinter?) cause I find their dynamic so entertaining, but I also like the Moonbli ship too. But like, no judgement on whatever ship you prefer. It's all just for fun.

yeah, I'm a Qinter shipper myself, but I don't really care what other people ship. I've seen people send death threats to people who don't agree with them about their ships for some reason? like, what????????????????

1 hour ago, smac n cheese said:

yeah, I'm a Qinter shipper myself, but I don't really care what other people ship. I've seen people send death threats to people who don't agree with them about their ships for some reason? like, what????????????????

i don’t rly remember shipping anyone in particular (never was rly into that) but i mean death threats r a bit crazy. i didn’t even know they were shipped together until i saw a meme abt it lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smac n cheese said:

I've seen people send death threats to people who don't agree with them about their ships for some reason? like, what????????????????

That's wild, the internet is crazy sometimes!

What are y'all's favorite tribe and why? I have a hard time choosing but I like icewings, rainwings, and silkwings. Icewings because I love the their snowy aesthetic (though being an icewing in the palace sounds terrible). Rainwing because I'd love to lounge around in the sun eating fruit all day myself, also their color changing scales are cool. And silkwings cause they're really pretty and I like their silk powers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox said:

What are y'all's favorite tribe and why? I have a hard time choosing but I like icewings, rainwings, and silkwings. Icewings because I love the their snowy aesthetic (though being an icewing in the palace sounds terrible). Rainwing because I'd love to lounge around in the sun eating fruit all day myself, also their color changing scales are cool. And silkwings cause they're really pretty and I like their silk powers.

My favs are probably SandWings or SeaWings, and I have NO IDEA why lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox said:

leafwings

• Like 2

YAYAYAYAYA I JUST FINISHED ARC 2 :D

What are your favorite quotes in the series?

For me, the two most serious quotes ever:

"Hey sparkling teeth I totally love three of your claws but not the others and I wish your nose was a herring so I could eat it and also your wings sound like sharks snoring"

AND

"You can be the idea dragon and I can be the WHAM BAM SHOVE A PINEAPPLE UP HIS SNOUT dragon!"

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone read A Guide to the Dragon World? I haven't read it yet, but I will. I've flipped through it, and it has a great many nice pictures. It also has a song praising sky wings, complete with sheet music. I guess that's great if sky wings are your favourite.

4 hours ago, Picklethewickle said:

Has anyone read A Guide to the Dragon World?

I've read it! I liked it a lot, you get little snippets of old history from the world, and conversations through letters between the main characters, which were fun. And the pictures were fantastic!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fox said:

I've read it! I liked it a lot, you get little snippets of old history from the world, and conversations through letters between the main characters, which were fun. And the pictures were fantastic!

I'm looking forward to reading it even more, then. I'll get to it soon, hopefully.

• Like 1