has anyone read Friends Without Benefits by Evelynn fenn

hiii aro people on the internet who are more real to me than anyone i have seen today

so have you read this book? i started it about 2 weeks ago and have read about 50 pages(it is i guess 400 pages) and i wanted to know if i should finish it? this past months i have had a terrible relationship with finishing books i have started! please tell me it's good so i read the rest of it

and for those people who doesn't know this book lemme give you a summery:

so the story is about a 40 and sth virgin woman with a long list of failed relationships, her bestfriend read about asexuality in an article and inform her. from there she starts exploring her identity, she goes to asexual meet ups etc. later she finds out she is aro too.

that is all i know! 

• Like 3

I don’t know the book but I checked some reviews on Goodreads and the consensus seems to be that it’s great to have a book about ace and aro rep but that the plot is not really great.
Of course that is just the opionion of some other unknown people on the internet, but if you are having trouble finding motivation to finish a book then right now this might not be the book for you ¯\-(ツ)-/¯

And just to be clear: That’s ok! Reading should be fun, no point in forcing yourself to finish a book if you are not engaged or intrigued by it. I also used to feel that I ‘had to’ finish a book even if I didn’t like it, especially when I still worked at a book store. But eventually that will make you dislike reading, so I really don’t recommend it 😬

Edited by Nix
Clarification

18 hours ago, Nix said:

I don’t know the book but I checked some reviews on Goodreads and the consensus seems to be that it’s great to have a book about ace and aro rep but that the plot is not really great.
Of course that is just the opionion of some other unknown people on the internet, but if you are having trouble finding motivation to finish a book then right now this might not be the book for you ¯\-(ツ)-/¯

And just to be clear: That’s ok! Reading should be fun, no point in forcing yourself to finish a book if you are not engaged or intrigued by it. I also used to feel that I ‘had to’ finish a book even if I didn’t like it, especially when I still worked at a book store. But eventually that will make you dislike reading, so I really don’t recommend it 😬

Thank youu

And omg you work in a book store?? 

God i really want to experience that!!! I have been looking for jobs in book stores but uni has been killing so i don't have enough to even have a part time job😭

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dordor said:

Thank youu

And omg you work in a book store?? 

God i really want to experience that!!! I have been looking for jobs in book stores but uni has been killing so i don't have enough to even have a part time job😭

I used to, worked there for 3,5 years before I had to leave because the bookstore had financial troubles unfortunately. It was the best ‘regular’ job I have had (I’m a freelancer artist/teacher now) and I really hope you get to work in one someday :D

20 hours ago, Nix said:

I used to, worked there for 3,5 years before I had to leave because the bookstore had financial troubles unfortunately. It was the best ‘regular’ job I have had (I’m a freelancer artist/teacher now) and I really hope you get to work in one someday :D

Thank youuu:))

• Like 1

I haven't read this book yet that I'm about to suggest, so I don't know how good it is, but I have seen it recommended on AUREA's website - "Stuck In Her head" by Kylie Wang and Liana Tang. It has an aromantic (possibly main?) character, and is overall about two girls' relationships evolving over time and their own relationship with each other slowly morphing into something else. I heard that an animator from the Spider-verse movies made the cover and I thought that was cool! I love how there's queer artists and allies working on the Spider-verse films, given the trans story and advocacy with Gwen, how Peter B. kind of seems to just emit bisexual energy, and then an artist working on a cover for an aromantic book.

Edited by The Newest Fabled Creature
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, The Newest Fabled Creature said:

I haven't read this book yet that I'm about to suggest, so I don't know how good it is, but I have seen it recommended on AUREA's website - "Stuck In Her head" by Kylie Wang and Liana Tang. It has an aromantic (possibly main?) character, and is overall about two girls' relationships evolving over time and their own relationship with each other slowly morphing into something else. I heard that an animator from the Spider-verse movies made the cover and I thought that was cool! I love how there's queer artists and allies working on the Spider-verse films, given the trans story and advocacy with Gwen, how Peter B. kind of seems to just emit bisexual energy, and then an artist working on a cover for an aromantic book.

omg thank you for thissss! 

i really want to read more aromantic books but there aren't manyy

• Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 4:34 AM, dordor said:

omg thank you for thissss! 

i really want to read more aromantic books but there aren't manyy

It's no problem! I've been trying to find aromantic books for quite a while now, too.

• Like 1